Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
youtube videos in posts wont go full screen Modules PatPgtips 7 Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:42 am
coRpSE View latest post
Realm Designz General Support Thumpit 4 Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 pm
Thumpit View latest post
Billing/Invoicing Module Modules Thumpit 5 Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:29 pm
Thumpit View latest post
Sentinel IP2Country Update General Support bobdude 3 Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:26 am
coRpSE View latest post
a new local project www.wnyboards.com Link up skurge 0 Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 pm
skurge View latest post
Adding SSL certificate Security allrocknmetal 4 Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:48 am
allrocknmetal View latest post
Anyone know how to get hold of Noto? General Support Richmc 0 Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:18 pm
Richmc View latest post
General Info changes are not Saving once changed General Support Thumpit 2 Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 pm
Thumpit View latest post

A review about xtreme my response to it!

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 6
usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:47 pm Post subject: Complicity A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

Hello  people.

I  am  making  this  post  because  of  a  comment  I  read  at  opensourcecms.com  by  someone  that  calls  himself  Joe.  I  don't  have  anything  against  Joe  posting  his  views  or  thoughts.  Those  are  his  and  he  can  voice  them  however  he  wants.  The  problem  I  have  with  the  comment  is  that  it  is  entirely  false  unless  I  am  missing  something.

Joe  wrote:                
The  system  is  very  nice,  but  what  out  for  their  support  staff.  If  you  mention  anything  related  to  a  hosting  issue  without  even  contacting  your  host  first  to  resolve  it,  they  start  to  push  their  hosting  company  on  you.  If  you  search  "host"  in  their  forum  you  will  see  that  pretty  much  every  thread  they  are  pushing  their  hosting  on  the  member.  I  think  it  would  be  better  to  let  the  member  decide  on  their  own  and  let  them  find  their  hosting  company...if  DGF  hosting  is  all  that  great.  Yes  I  misspent  it  for  a  reason.                

Ok,  well  that  is  what  Joe  said.  In  all  fairness,  I  did  a  search  for  "host"  on  this  site  just  to  see  what  I  was  missing.  To  my  surprise,  not  even  close  to  "every"  thread  is  any  staff  member  here  pushing  Ã‚ web  hosting  on  the  members.  In  fact,  we  normally  try  to  help  first  and  if  it  is  determined  that  it  is  a  host  issue  then  of  course  we  suggest  to  switch  to  our  web  hosting  company.  Why  would  we  suggest  such  a  silly  thing?  Well  Joe!  The  main  reason  is  because  a  lot  of  hosts  sell  things  they  don't  offer.  They  stuff  their  servers  with  so  many  customers  on  such  a  wide  range  of  sites  that  they  have  to  limit  the  servers  ability  and  use  very  strict  settings  in  order  to  keep  those  servers  running.  They  also  have  limit  things  to  keep  the  resources  limited  even  though  your  probably  on  an  "unlimited"  host.  In  our  case,  we  have  servers  for  phpnuke,  nuke  evolution  and  evolution-xtreme  that  are  setup  and  configured  to  run  these  sites  and  their  best  performance.  Now,  that  is  just  all  the  information  related  directly  to  why  we  would  suggest  such  a  silly  thing  as  to  use  our  web  hostingcompany.  

The  other  side  of  things.  As  nice  as  this  cms  might  be  and  as  nice  as  it  might  be  to  have  a  site  that  spends  endless  hours  from  several  different  people  at  a  very  large  communities  disposal,  Someone  has  to  pay  for  it!  The  people  that  pay  for  it  are  the  very  very  few  donations  from  members  that  we  are  very  greatful  for.  The  rest,  is  paid  for  by  dfghosting.  We  use  our  time  and  money  for  you  and  ask  pretty  much  nothing  in  return  other  than  when  we  feel  it  might  be  better  for  the  member,  we  suggest  our  hosting  which  9  out  of  10  times  resolves  all  the  users  issues.  We  hardly  advertise  our  web  hosting  anywhere  and  we  don't  even  have  banners  plastered  all  over  this  site  for  it.  I  will  probably  add  some  but  as  of  right  now  we  don't  flood  the  site  with  ad  banners.  We  don't  ask  for  donations.  In  fact,  most  of  the  people  I  work  with  in  live  meeting  to  help  them  fix  their  sites  I  don't  ask  for  anything  in  return.  Neither  does  anyone  else  on  this  team.  If  people  are  happy  with  their  host  then  by  all  means,  stay  with  them.  If  your  host  can  fix  your  problems  then  you  don't  need  us  to  fix  them.  You  know  Joe,  people  ask  us  and  expect  us  to  fix  their  hosts  issues  with  different  things  all  the  time.  Why  would  we  do  that?  If  your  host  is  so  special  then  they  wouldn't  have  server  issues  to  begin  with  would  they?  If  you  site  is  broken  because  of  the  software  then  by  all  means  we  will  help  you  get  it  fixed.  If  it  is  broken  because  of  your  host  we  will  suggest  to  have  them  fix  the  issue  or  switch  to  another  host.  Of  course  we  are  not  going  to  suggest  a  web  hosting  company  that  we  don't  own,  but  we  don't  force  anything  on  anyone.  Anyone  here  that  feels  that  way,  sorry!  The  majority  of  you  already  know  we  support  you  for  virtually  no  reason  other  than  to  help  and  if  someone  told  you  they  would  not  help  you  unless  you  switched  hosting  then  I  would  like  to  know.  Don't  pm  with  crap  that  someone  said  this  or  that.  Pm  me  with  screen  shots  of  the  conversation  or  with  direct  posts  backing  up  your  claim.  Joe,  again  I  have  to  bring  up  your  crap  about  "just  about  every  thread  the  staff  is  pushing  their  hosting  on  you".  There  are  over  20,000  posts  on  these  forums  so  if  you  don't  mind,  when  making  a  comment  such  as  your  I  would  really  like  you  to  be  clear,  direct  and  give  exact  links  to  those  threads  where  you  claim  you  saw  the  pushing  of  our  hosting.  Now,  Joe  and  anyone  else  that  feels  the  way  Joe  does  please  do  this  so  we  can  make  sure  we  don't  "push"  anything  on  anyone.  In  fact,  if  you  need  to  use  2  or  3  complete  forum  threads  to  post  all  of  those  links  it  would  great.  I  know  with  over  20,000  posts  it  will  take  up  a  lot  of  space.

In  closing,  I  will  now  say  that  even  though  Joe  feels  this  way  about  us  myself  and  the  rest  of  the  Support  team  here  and  the  owners  and  staff  at  dfghosting  will  continue  to  provide  you  with  the  best  support  we  can.  We  cannot  always  find  every  answer  right  away  and  we  cannot  always  do  everything  right  then  and  there,  but  we  will  always  try  our  best.  If  you  like  your  host  then  please,  stay  with  them.  If  you  like  our  cms  then  please  keep  using  it.  But  please  don't  get  upset  and  dog  about  the  people  that  create,  support  and  work  all  the  hours  we  do  because  we  want  to  offer  alternate  solutions  and  possibly  gain  a  little  more  business  to  help  continue  to  support  this  cms  and  all  the  rest  of  the  things  we  do  for  you  for  nothing.  Our  hosting  is  honest,  fast,  secure  and  self  owned.  We  don't  lie,  mislead  or  offer  things  we  don't  really  sell  and  hide  it  in  the  terms  of  service  like  the  majority  of  the  other  hosts  out  there.  If  you  are  a  dfghosting  customer  please  feel  free  to  post  your  thoughts  and  concerns,  experience  or  anything  else  on  this  site  or  you  can  post  in  the  forums  at  our  hosting  company.  If  there  is  anything  bad  to  say,  please  say  it.  It  can  only  help  us  make  things  better.  If  you  have  good  things  to  say  then  by  all  means  say  them  too.

Thanks  Joe  for  you  concern  and  I  do  want  to  extend  my  personal  apology  for  you  feeling  as  though  we  were  "pushing"  our  hosting  on  you.  Please  stay  with  your  host  if  that  is  what  you  want.  Nobody  is  forcing  anyone  to  change  anything  and  we  never  will.  But,  Joe,  don't  expect  anyone  to  go  out  and  fix  a  hosting  companies  server  issues  or  configure  things  for  them.  It  just  isn't  going  to  happen.  

Note:  I  have  no  idea  who  joe  is  and  really  don't  care.  This  thread  is  dedicated  to  Joe  for  being  nice  enough  to  post  a  comment  that  is  irrelevant  and  pointless  and  not  very  well  thought  out.  However,  it  did  allow  me  to  make  this  post  which  was  fun  and  probably  needed  to  be  done  anyone.  So,  thank  you  Joe  for  doing  something  to  actually  contribute  to  this  community  instead  of  just  mooch  off  of  it.

Last edited by killigan on Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: This goes out to Joe and People that think like him... Reply with quote

Very  well  said  kill,  its  always  the  random  comments  that  lead  to  the  best  responses.  Personally  for  anyone  thats  interested  I've  been  on  DFG's  servers  and  compared  to  the  old  host  i  used  its  faster  and  better  for  nuke  development  and  hosting.  Whom  ever  this  Joe  guy  is  your  opinion  like  killigan  said  wasn't  well  thought  out  and  was  flawed  as  in  no  way  does  DFG  force  users  to  just  switch  because  they  want  more  customers.

That  isn't  the  case  and  will  never  be  the  case,  if  anyone  ever  looks  i  have  a  link  to  DFG  Hosting  in  my  signature  but  it  doesn't  force  anyone  to  say  "hey  i  should  switch".  Again  quoting  what  killigan  said,  unless  we  feel  100%  sure  asking  the  user  to  switch  hosts  in  which  it  will  fix  there  issues  we  will  assist  them  with  fixing  errors  or  problems  they  are  having.

A  good  example  is  a  user  i  was  recently  helping  and  without  even  asking  him  he  switched  to  DFG  so  the  end  result  is  that  we  don't  have  to  ask  for  someone  to  switch.  We  are  a  community  based  on  trust  and  understanding  and  forcing  someone  to  switch  because  we  want  them  to  will  just  never  happen.

Joe  keep  believing  what  you  want  but  next  time  think  before  you  speak  because  in  this  case  your  word  spoke  louder  then  actions
TONY[-TOC-]

votes: 1
usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:15 am Post subject: No icon Re: A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

Im  on  here  all  the  time  trying  to  learn  through  other  peoples  issues  and  the  only  time  I  see  you  suggesting  your  servers  is  when  the  problem  people  are  having  is  host  related.  Nothing  wrong  with  running  a  business  and  letting  a  user  of  the  cms  know  that  his  or  her  issues  will  be  solved  by  going  with  someone  who  knows  the  cms  they  are  using  inside  and  out.  Keep  up  the  good  work.  The  support  here  and  on  the  other  sites  is  top  notch.  I  rather  think  the  support  here  would  rival  the  support  you  get  on  paid  CMS  boards.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:55 am Post subject: No icon Re: A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

Thanks  Tony   Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
tynman

votes: 4
usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:54 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

When  I  checked  that  comment  out  by  Joe  I  had  to  agree  somewhat,  but  not  on  the  way  it  was  said  or  the  extent.  

btw,  I  think  you  could  have  linked  a  few  more  easy  web  hosting  links.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: www.myspace.com/tynman0
deathlokk

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

Deleted.

Last edited by deathlokk on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
FURION

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:05 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

Killigan  and  DFG  Staff,  

This  guy  is  a  novice,  I  wouldn't  place  much  emphasis  on  his  opinions.  Ã‚ Anyone  can  open  a  web  page,  look  at  it  and  post  an  opinion.  Ã‚ Those  who  have  been  around  will  immediately  see  through  silliness  like  this.

I  posted  my  opinion  on  the  opensource  website  to  assist  in  debunking  his  take  on  DFG.  Ã‚ Oddly  enough,  I  lost  count  of  all  the  adds  on  that  site  pushing  different  products,  including  webhosting,  and  the  consensus  of  his  opinion  was  about  "to  much  product  pushing"  -it's  quite  sad  actually...

Anyways,  you  guys  have  a  great  product  and  offer  very  affordable  servies  and  impecable  support.  Ã‚ Anyone  who  spends  a  few  minutes  in  your  forums  can  see  that.  If  anything  is  an  issue  here,  it  would  be  the  amount  of  "free"  support  DFG  offers  up  to  just  about  anyone  who  asks  for  it.  Ã‚ The  trade  off  of  letting  people  know  that  DFG  offers  other  products  (webhosting)  as  well  is  a  fair  trade  for  the  free  price  tab  for  the  free  help  they  are  getting.  Ã‚ Wow,  there  are  a  lot  of  "free"  words  in  that  sentence.

Keep  up  the  good  work.  If  anything  is  tarnished  here  it's  Joe's  creditiabilty  and  reviewing  opinions.  Ã‚ Don't  underestimate  the  power  of  your  profound  input  on  open  source  products,  nuke,  xtreme,  the  DFG  name,  and  all  the  people  you  have  helped  for  free  since  your  induction  into  the  world  wide  web.

FURION
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

Thanks  for  the  words  there  Furion...

Tynman,  I  will  get  back  to  your  response  a  bit  later.
VicToMeyeZR
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

Web Control Panel: cPanel
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

tynman  wrote  (View  Post):                
When  I  checked  that  comment  out  by  Joe  I  had  to  agree  somewhat,  but  not  on  the  way  it  was  said  or  the  extent.  

btw,  I  think  you  could  have  linked  a  few  more  easy  web  hosting  links.                

Kind  of  glad  you  caught  that.   I  thought  it  was  quite  humorous  myself.   But  then  again,  of  course  I  would  support  the  great  web  hosting  from  dfghosting
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
nextgen

usa.png

Web Control Panel: Cpanel
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:51 pm Post subject: No icon Re: A review about xtreme my response to it! Reply with quote

dfg  is  very  good  for  hosting.  Support  was  excellent  there  and  the  prices  are  very  fair.  If  you  run  a  Nuke  site  then  they  know  exactly  what  you  need  and  have  answers  within  an  hour  usually.  I  see  nothing  wrong  with  it.  I  mean  you  get  a  very  good  cms  that  is  "FREE"  and  the  support  here  is  "FREE"  so  what  is  wrong  with  making  ends  meet  somewhere.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1681980102 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/halsteadclan
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: