Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
login as admin strange error General Support Worfwarrior 8 Sun May 21, 2017 12:42 pm
Worfwarrior View latest post
Does Anyone Have a Media Player Mod? Modules goosse 0 Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am
goosse View latest post
head and body help General Support hercountrybuck 8 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post

Screencasts / Upgrade scripts - All missing?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Install
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KhaleKitha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:33 pm Post subject: No icon Screencasts / Upgrade scripts - All missing? Reply with quote

So  I'm  looking  into  upgrading  an  old,  but  heavily  used,  site,  that  is  running  Nuke  Extreme  2.0.0.   I  downloaded  2.0.9D  from  the  download  link  and  have  taken  a  look  at  it.   

Inside  are  links  to  2  screencast  videos  (one  for  installing  and  one  for  upgrading).   Neither  work.   I've  tried  with  multiple  browsers,  and  all  give:  "Video  File  Not  Found."   I  navigated  to  screencasts,  manually,  from  the  sidebar,  as  well,  with  the  same  result.

Inside  the  upgrade  folder  is  a  link  to  the  upgrades  section  of  this  site.   That  link  is  also  bad.   

So  I  navigate  to  the  downloads  section,  manually,  to  get  to  the  upgrades  script  section.   Empty.   No  scripts  here.

Does  anything  around  here  still  work,  or  do  I  need  to  just  guess  my  way  through  the  upgrade  process?   I've  looked  around  the  forums  for  a  few  hours,  but  haven't  found  anything  useful,  just  yet.   Please  let  me  know  if  there's  something  I'm  missing.  

Thanks
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:42 am Post subject: No icon Re: Screencasts / Upgrade scripts - All missing? Reply with quote

Try  the  links  again.

I  have  reactivated  the  old  downloads  module.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:29 am Post subject: No icon Re: Screencasts / Upgrade scripts - All missing? Reply with quote

The  screencast  videos  I  believe  are  no  longer  there,  They  probably  should  have  moved  them  to  Youtube  if  they  were  using  a  paid  account  on  screencast.  As  for  upgrading,  if  your  going  to  upgrade  your  site  from  2.0.0  to  2.0.9D,  its  going  to  be  more  trouble  than  its  worth.  I  did  5STAR's  website  years  ago  and  upgraded  his  site  from  Extreme  2.0.7  to  2.0.9c  and  there  were  just  errors  all  over.  We  ended  up  doing  a  fresh  install  of  the  site.  If  I  remember  right,  I  think  we  did  the  same  thing  I  did  on  my  site  where  I  turned  our  old  site  into  a  archive  and  used  a  brand  new  site  and  had  all  active  people  re-register.  It  also  allowed  us  to  get  rid  of  all  unused  accounts.  Within  a  year,  I  ended  up  deleting  the  old  site  because  the  new  site  was  filling  up  with  everything  and  didn't  need  or  use  anything  from  the  old  site.

But  if  your  going  to  upgrade,  then  you  will  need  to  upgrade  if  I  remember  right  using  each  DB  upgrade  sql  file,  and  you  will  need  to  upload  all  new  files.  Just  a  heads  up,  since  PHP  has  changed  a  lot  since  2.0,  you  may  want  to  just  go  with  the  latest  which  is  the  Evo  Xtreme  2.0.9d  PHP  5.4  complaint,  since  many  of  the  blocks/modules  on  your  old  site  may  not  work  or  will  throw  deprecated  error  messages.  You  can  download  that  from  the  downloads  section,  or  go  to  this  thread:

http://evolution-xtreme.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6573

Where  in  that  thread  I  also  show  what  files  I  have  modified  to  upgrade  it  to  get  it  PHP  5.4  complaint.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
casterdon

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Screencasts / Upgrade scripts - All missing? Reply with quote

This  is  all  i  could  find,  use  to  be  more,  as  coRpSE  says  you  could  try  YouTube  aswell.

http://dfghosting.com/screencasts/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uauDZFdn3K4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP9Nrb7rW7Q
KhaleKitha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: Screencasts / Upgrade scripts - All missing? Reply with quote

Thanks,  I'll  take  a  look.   Unfortunately,  I'm  needing  to  try  and  avoid  doing  a  full  replacement  for  now  (though,  in  my  experience,  it  will  likely  require  it,  anyways,  on  a  site  that  doesn't  get  kept  up.)   All  of  my  work  will  be  on  a  test  site,  anyways,  to  see  what  the  status  is  before  anything  live  is  modified.   At  least  it's  going  from  extreme  to  extreme,  from  what  I  see,  anyhow.

Thanks
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Install All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: