Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
login as admin strange error General Support Worfwarrior 9 Fri May 26, 2017 4:40 pm
Worfwarrior View latest post
Does Anyone Have a Media Player Mod? Modules goosse 0 Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am
goosse View latest post
head and body help General Support hercountrybuck 8 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post

Support team member??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    printer-friendly view    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas

votes: 6
uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:52 pm Post subject: No icon Support team member?? Reply with quote

I  am  curious,  even  though  I  am  a  rookie  when  it  comes  to  Evo,  I  am  sure  you  are  aware  that  I  have  given  support,  quite  a  bit  of  it  infact,  I  have  fixed  databases,  helped  with  errors,  and  I  feel  that  I  am  ready  to  help  support  members  with  problems.   Although  basic,  I  am  sure  I  can  handle  the  vast  majority  of  problems  further  lightening  the  load  on  other  staff...

I  look  forward  to  a  response...
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

Sorry  but  at  this  time  we  don't  need  anymore  staff,  with  all  the  users  and  current  active  staff  we  have  now  there  just  isn't  much  point  in  adding  more  staff  to  the  list.

PS:  One  thing  that  anyone  should  realize  is  that  users  shouldn't  ask  to  be  a  support  staff  member,  in  the  long  run  we  end  up  ignoring  your  requests  and  pick  someone  who  is  helpful  but  doesn't  ask  for  something.  It's  how  i  learned  with  Team  XLink
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:20 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

I  wasent  aware  of  this,  I  thought  you  had  to  ask.   Fear  has  recently  become  a  Developer,  did  he  ask  or  was  he  offered?   Perhaps  in  the  long  term,  maybe  I  will  eventually  become  a  support  staff  member  at  this  site.   I  learn  something  new  about  Nuke  everyday,  one  day  I  might  even  make  it  as  a  Developer  here.   That  would  be  a  good  thing  right?
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

Fear  has  been  a  DFG  developer  for  a  long  time  now,  even  before  i  was  apart  of  the  DFG  and  Evo  Xtreme  team.  To  become  a  developer  let  a  lot  support  staff  isn't  something  that  someone  should  ask  for,  one  day  i  was  support  staff  then  the  next  day  i  was  a  developer  for  DFG  and  now  a  full  developer  for  Nuke  Evolution.  Basically  the  key  aspects  a  developer  needs  to  know  is  the  following

-  HTML/XHTML  skills
     -  CSS  2.1  skills
     -  PHP  skills
     -  MySQL  skills
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

I  got  SQL,  but  the  others  are  not  that  great  tho  I  am  developing  skill  son  them...
travo

votes: 2
australia.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

SgtLegend  forgot  Nuke  Evolution.  To  be  a  developer,  you  need  to  know  how  Nuke  Evolution  works,  how  to  create  modules,  little  tips  and  tricks,  hidden  features  in  nuke,  etc.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

There  is  always  the  ability  to  learn,  I  am  getting  the  hang  of  it  as  the  support  I  have  provided  shows...  right??
Daveran27703
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 5
usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 am Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

Hey  Thomas,  I'll  do  a  quick  chime  in  on  this  as  I  was  one  of  the  more  recent  people  to  join  the  staff.  It  really  is  like  Sgt.Legend  said,  asking  about  something  like  this  might  actually  hurt  rather  than  help.  The  top  of  the  food  chain  here  knows  what’s  going  on  and  has  a  pretty  good  understanding  of  who  all  knows  what,  and  who  all  might  be  able  to  bring  something  needed  to  the  table.  The  equation  is  not  something  one  can  forecast.  

There  are  many  members  here,  and  many  have  a  lot  of  valuable  knowledge.  Part  of  being  a  member  in  good  standing  here  is  that  of  helping  others  if  able  to.  Help  others  if  you  can  and  wish  to,  but  don’t  help  others  for  the  exclusive  motivation  of  earning  X  number  of  kudos  points  in  hopes  of  reaching  a  plateau  that  automates  a  status  change.  It  just  does  not  work  like  that.  

We  do  thank  all  members  that  are  willing  to  bring  useful  and  valuable  help  to  others  that  are  in  need.  Any  post  that  gets  resolved  between  members  relieves  staff  of  that  particular  thread  and  thus  permits  more  time  to  developing  content  that  everyone  can  benefit  from.  

So  in  summary,  to  ALL  here  that  help  others,  your  help  is  appreciated.
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

Interesting...

I  was  trying  to  say  exactly  that...

To  add  to  your  post  Daveran27703,  I  do  not  help  people  with  the  prospect  of  becomming  support  staff  as  you  have,  I  help  people  where  I  can  because  I  can,  and  not  for  any  other  reason,  I  asked  as  I  felt  that  I  was  able  to  provied  support  in  the  future  as  I  have  done  in  the  past.   Sure,  by  all  accounts,  I  have  about  half  the  posts  you  do,  but  that  is  not  the  point  here.   I  have  helped  people  where  I  can  and  when  I  can,  the  point  of  this  is  to  learn  about  Evo-X  and  to  in  time  develop  my  knowledge  therein.

I  hope  this  post  makes  a  bit  more  sense...
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coopvet2000
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel Version 11.26.20,
WHM 11.26.20
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:49 am Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

I  understand  you  request  but  from  my  experience  -  from  Platium  the  phase  just  before  the  first  version  of  nuke-evolution  back  2005  I  came  aboard  -  helped  out  alot  and  it  took  time  learning,  and  alot  of  helping  others  and  also  did  alot  beta  testing  on  2.05  -  206  -  2.07  and  European  version  2.10  but  over  the  last  year  or  so  medical  problems  serious  enough  to  talk  to  killigan  about  it,  It  has  slowed  me  down  a  bit.....  First  of  Thank  you  for  your  continued  support  on  this  cms  -  I  do  appreciate  it!  Secondly  hang  in  there  and  any  thing  is  possible  if  you  continue  to  help,  learn  and  develop......  P.S.  I  like  your  Avator

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1367605442 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/GWSVeteran
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:16 am Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

Your  kidding  right?
VicToMeyeZR
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

Web Control Panel: cPanel
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:54 am Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

Thomas  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  got  SQL,  but  the  others  are  not  that  great  tho  I  am  developing  skill  son  them...                

I  am  not  so  sure  about  that  statement...   You  insisted  that  a  conversion  from  Nuke  to  phpbb3  WAS  possible,  but  yet  provided  no  solution.   If  you  knew  SQL,  you  would  be  able  to  provide  the  solution,  since  its  ALL  SQL  statements  that  do  the  conversions.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coopvet2000
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel Version 11.26.20,
WHM 11.26.20
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:24 am Post subject: Note Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

Thomas  wrote  (View  Post):                
Your  kidding  right?                

Nope!  Heres  some  of  orginal  crew:  Technocrat,  Ghost,  ceaser,  electricoverride,  Lonestar,  VicToMeyeZR,  Scorpio,  Wolfstar,  Tulisan,  Killigan,  Spiders,  Rodmar,  ReOrGaNiSaTiOn,  plus  a  bunch  other  names  I  missed  point  in  case  from  2004  on  up!  -  SgtLegend  on  came  on  board  2008-10-07  a  staff  member  on  Nuke-Evolution  as  a  support  team  joined  in  Feb  01,  2008,  but  he  showed  his  experience  and  proved  another  words   [show  me  -  prove  it]  We  have  over  the  years  seen  people  come  and  go  we  would  get  into  a  development  cycle  either  on  a  upgrade  or  new  version  and  for  a  million  reasons  some  one  would  be  tasked  to  either  recode  or  modify  something  high  priority  and  drop  the  ball....  another  point  as  stated  by  VicToMeyeZR  the  conversion  from  either  Nuke-Evolution  or  Nuke-Extreme  to  PHPBB3  has  been  on  the  minds  of  several  admins  on  both  boards  and  the  main  developer  Technocrat  for  a  period  of  time  now!  It  work  in  progress  At  this  point  I  know  once  phpBB-Evolution  goes  into  release  Just  so  everyone  knows,  there  is  NOT  a  conversion  script  available  for  the  any  beta  releases.  It  will  be  made  for  the  releases  in  the  future.  Several  reasons  for  this  is  coding  and  with  all  of  the  modifications  it  would  be  almost  impossible  to  write  a  upgrade  script  or  conversion  script  at  this  point  for  either  versions!  At  developers  of  all  three  projects  I  wouldn't  even  think  about  tossing  some  like  that  out  to  all  the  members  of  all  three  different  versions  of  Nuke-Evolution  expanded  and  renamed!  ie:  upgrade  from  Xtreme  2.0  -  2.09  Nuke-evolution  2.07-2.08  and  some  upgrades  on  the  European  version  2.10  not  really  sure  which  direction  ReOrGaNiSaTiOn  is  going  to  go!  Again  hang  in  there!

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1367605442 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/GWSVeteran
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:52 am Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

Interesting...
wolfstar
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: Support team member?? Reply with quote

I  would  like  to  add  a  little  to  this  topic,in  the  early  days  of  evo  just  after  i  took  over  the  public  theme  database  i  signed  into  the  evo  site  and  Tech  had  promoted  me  to  support  staff  (i  hadn't  asked  for  it)  even  though  i  had  been  providing  support  for  quite  a  while.

Also  as  coopvet2000  mentioned  i  and  some  of  those  listed  have  been  involved  with  closed  beta  testing  and  later  on  involved  with  the  development  of  evo  basic,but  it  was  always  a  case  of  being  asked  (or  told   Laughing   you  are  doing  it).

It  was  also  the  same  here,i  was  put  as  support  almost  straight  away  (never  asked)  and  later  on  Killigan  asked  me  to  join  the  development  of  v3  (which  i  did).

As  you  can  see  it's  always  a  case  of  being  asked  (or  told)  to  do  it,but  support  was  always  provided  regardless  of  forum  rank/colour,A  perfect  example  is  me  i  provide  support  and  i'm  on  the  v3  development  team  but  on  the  forums  i'm  tagged  as  support  staff.
 The  thing  is  to  me  forum  rank/colour  doesn't  matter  as  i'm  happy  doing  everything  i  do  for  evo,it's  a  case  of  personal  satisfation  knowing  that  i  have  been  able  to  help  other's  and  help  develope  a  better  cms.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Chat All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: