Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
firefox users Security Worfwarrior 1 Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:10 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
Admin General Support bomclan 3 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:01 pm
RSS feeds Blocks Richmc 1 Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:52 pm
Forums disappeared General Support Richmc 0 Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 am
Richmc View latest post
admin access help needed General Support Soulfly 13 Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:08 pm
Soulfly View latest post
mysql_error ? General Support Redcougarxr7 5 Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:27 am
coRpSE View latest post
Question about domain name General Support Richmc 0 Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:03 am
Richmc View latest post
PM System not working correctly General Support Worfwarrior 0 Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:24 am
Worfwarrior View latest post

If you don't mind please read this thread...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 6
usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:19 am Post subject: Great ! If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

Hello  everyone!

As  you  can  see  we  have  changed  the  layout  on  this  a  little  more  than  before.  We  will  be  making  more  changes  to  this  site  and  hopefully  making  it  easier  to  find  things.  We  would  also  like  to  start  promoting  and  advertising  your  sites  if  you  want.  We  have  added  the  ability  to  put  a  banner  on  the  bottom  of  the  main  index,  6  small  ads  on  the  top  right  of  the  main  index  and  in  the  screen  casts.  I  will  be  adding  area's  for  ad  placement  to  other  sections  of  the  site  as  well.

If  you  have  a  small  business,  design  site,  hosting  company  or  anything  else  just  let  us  know  and  we  can  place  a  banner  for  you  at  no  charge.  We  will  have  to  rotate  out  banners  if  enough  people  want  their  banners  on  the  site.  What  we  don't  want  is  so  many  banners  all  over  the  place  that  it  gets  crazy.  

Also,  most  of  you  might  know  that  this  site  does  get  a  lot  of  traffic.  So  another  thing  you  can  do  is  place  a  news  topic  about  your  site.  Just  try  to  use  a  good  title  in  the  news  article  so  Google  grabs  it.  

Why  are  we  doing  this  now?  

We  are  all  of  the  sudden  doing  this  now  because  we  have  time  to  try  to  help  promote  our  members.  In  the  traditional  style  Nuke  Evolution  ad  banners  looked  horrible  in  my  opinion.  Now  we  have  a  style  and  way  to  display  the  banners  without  them  being  overwhelming.  We  have  been  working  on  this  and  thinking  of  ways  to  help  promote  our  members  sites  for  a  while  now.  Of  course,  there  will  be  the  few  banners  that  don't  change  but  those  are  probably  the  ads  that  are  paid  for.  The  rest  are  free.  The  paid  ads  will  be  by  sponsors  and  the  free  ads  will  be  advertisements.  

Why  are  we  doing  this  for  free?

We  are  not  charging  for  banner  ads  because  this  is  a  community  site.  This  is  also  your  site.  The  team  here  does  what  we  do  because  we  like  it.  Believe  it  or  not,  we  enjoy  working  for  you  and  trying  to  create  something  better  for  people  that  want  it.  That  is  purpose  of  Open  Source  Software.  The  problem  we  have  faced  is  that  as  we  grow  it  costs  us  more  to  develop  and  operate.  The  fact  is  that  this  site  wouldn't  be  online  right  now  if  it  wasn't  hosted  by  DFG  Hosting.  It  also  wouldn't  be  online  right  now  if  you  didn't  use  it.  So  we  decided  that  you  now  have  the  ability  to  place  ads  on  the  site  for  your  business  even  if  it  is  a  hosting  company.

There  will  be  limitations.  Of  course  we  will  not  allow  sites  like  JustHost,  Hostgator  and  those  to  come  on  here  and  put  ads  on  the  site.  This  is  for  people  that  are  members  of  this  community  and  want  to  try  and  get  their  sites  better  known  and  to  help  you  do  so  without  you  having  to  pay  for  it.  It  is  hard  enough  getting  started  with  any  design  community,  hosting  company  or  anything  else  without  a  lot  of  money  for  advertisements.  So,  we  want  to  help  you  if  we  can  and  if  you  want  it.  

We  were  also  thinking  about  adding  a  section  in  the  forums  to  promote  your  sites.  Perhaps  we  would  do  it  with  categories  so  clans,  designers,  coders,  hosts  or  whatever  can  keep  their  site  listed  in  their  own  categories.  You  all  can  help  with  that  by  letting  us  know  what  categories  we  would  need.  Ã‚ 

If  you  don't  have  an  ad  but  you  want  one  there  are  several  designers  out  there  that  can  make  you  one.  If  you  don't  want  to  pay  for  it  just  ask  me  and  I  will  do  what  I  can  to  get  you  a  decent  banner.  

That's  all  for  now.

Last edited by killigan on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

I  am  up  for  this,  but  I  am  unsure  what  a  banner  would  look  like  unless  you  got  idea's  killigan,  have  you??

Thanks  for  fixing  my  posting  abilities  here.
coopvet2000
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel Version 11.26.20,
WHM 11.26.20
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:59 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

Why  Not  I'll  get  back  you  on  this  I  got  23  Xtreme-Evolution  2.0  being  upgraded  to  209A,  As  far  as  the  graphics  part!  I'm  no  go  at  it,  who  ever  did  all  of  this  "Rocks"  on  the  New  Look  and  Feel!

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1367605442 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/GWSVeteran
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Wicked

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

Sounds  Good  !!...as  long  as  it  is  controlled  and  it  doesn't  get  to  overwhelming.....Great  job  on  the  layout.

On  a  side  note:

Thomas,...you  ever  have  any  ideas  of  your  own??.....lmao
 No  need  to  answer  that.
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

Wicked  wrote  (View  Post):                
Sounds  Good  !!...as  long  as  it  is  controlled  and  it  doesn't  get  to  overwhelming.....Great  job  on  the  layout.

On  a  side  note:

Thomas,...you  ever  have  any  ideas  of  your  own??.....lmao
 No  need  to  answer  that.                

Wicked,  I  am  unashamed  to  admit  that  I  am  not  good  at  graphics  design  or  idea's  for  that  matter,  not  everyone  has  the  experience  that  all  of  you  have,  please  don't  rub  salt  into  the  wound.
VicToMeyeZR
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

Web Control Panel: cPanel
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:17 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

Thomas,  its  no  so  much  as  that,  as  you  need  to  know  what  you  want  before  anyone  can  even  design  anything  for  you.

Like  colors,  what  you  want  it  to  say.   You  know  your  site,  and  what  your  site  is  about,  no  one  else  does.   So  to  just  say  "help  me  come  up  with  an  idea",  well  that  won't  happen.   You  need  the  "idea"  and  then  someone  can  expand  on  it.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Vicros

usa.png

Web Control Panel: CPanel 11
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

What  a  wonderful  idea..i  have  actually  just  recently  come  back  to  the  community  after  a  very  long  break  from  the  internet  totally,  not  just  the  design  world.  But  im  liking  Xtreme  more  and  more  everyday  which  is  why  i  chose  it  to  power  my  site.  Thanks  to  the  whole  team  for  allowing  us  to  continue  using  what  we  all  have  grown  to  love.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger MySpace Profile: www.myspace.com/juggalo1995
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:25 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

Lets  start  with  my  avatar  shall  we?
Wicked

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

Thomas  wrote  (View  Post):                

NO
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:08 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

What  are  you  going  to  do  with  your  avatar  Thomas?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
VicToMeyeZR
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

Web Control Panel: cPanel
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

I  can  think  of  something,  but  thats  for  another  day..   Smile
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:29 am Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

I  think  the  words  "advertisement"  and  "banner"  didn't  sink  in  Laughing
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
wolfstar
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 1
uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:34 am Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

SgtLegend  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  think  the  words  "advertisement"  and  "banner"  didn't  sink  in  Laughing                

Laughing   Laughing  

I  wonder  what  an  advertisement  banner  could  look  like   Wink  

Maybe  like  my  wolfgrafix  one   Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes   Very Happy
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:02 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

NO                

If  your  going  to  treat  me  like  that,  maybe  I  should  stop  comming  here  then...
tsac

votes: 4
usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:16 pm Post subject: No icon Re: If you don't mind please read this thread... Reply with quote

NO                

If  your  going  to  treat  me  like  that,  maybe  I  should  stop  comming  here  then...                

This  should  get  you  started  Thomas,  or  anybody  else  for  that  matter...

Most  people  use  Adobe  Photoshop  to  make  buttons,  banners,  advertisements,  forum  signatures  and  even  avatars.  Photoshop  is  very  expensive  but  there  are  free  alternatives  out  there:

Try  these  sites:

http://www.sumopaint.com/  Free  Online

http://www.aviary.com/  Free  Online

http://www.avatastico.com/sigmaker/index.php  Free  Online

http://www.bannerfans.com/banner_maker.php  Free  Online

http://www.forumsigmaker.com/  Free  Online

http://www.gimp.org/windows/   INSTALL  -  Just  as  powerful  as  Photoshop..but  free

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html  INSTALL  -  also  a  damn  good  free  one

If  you  are  creating  a  advertising  banners  or  buttons  look  at  the  standard  advert  sizes:  Ad  Unit  Guidelines

Now  all  you  need  is  to  know  what  you  want...colors,  text,  pixel  size  and  why  you  want  traffic  to  your  site.  What  does  your  website  have  to  offer?  That  alone  will  give  you  a  pretty  good  idea  on  what  to  advertise.

Have  fun!
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Community Announcements All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: