Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
head and body help General Support hercountrybuck 8 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post

Help ready to upgrade cant find right CMS

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heatsinkbod

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:48 pm Post subject: No icon Help ready to upgrade cant find right CMS Reply with quote

Hi  -  soz  read  your  forums  but  cant  decide  what  to  do..............

current  set  up  -  running  base  Nuke  V8  phpbb2  check  out  -:  AAAA

So  we  wanted  to  move  to  the  latest  next  gen,the  key  aspect  is  phpbb3  -  simple  things  we  cant  do  at  present  like  file  attachment  mod  on  phpbb2  -  unsecure  the  whole  site  -  so  we  wanted  to  start  work  on  the  latest  next  gen  setup  to  see  us  ok  for  a  couple  of  years.........

The  problems....I  have  have  used  a  few  CMs  setups  like  Xoops,  PHPwebsite  all  have  next  gen  releases  but  still  major  issues  with  PHPBB3...........

The  ones  thaat  work  mean  starting  from  scratch  as  in  not  been  able  to  port  over  existing  PHPBB2  posts  so  this  is  a  complete  NO  NO............

So  I  am  about  to  give  up  and  installed  your  latest  Xtream  only  to  find  that  is  also  still  stuck  on  PHPBB2  so  no  point  -  the  forum  is  the  key  part  to  the  site..............

So  I  am  left  in  the  position  of  dont  bother.........

What  I  need..........

Any  CMS  system  that  will  let  me  intergrate  PHPBB3  and  migrate  my  existing  PHPBB2............It  seems  PHPBB  just  made  another  great  forum  but  put  no  thought  into  how  people  would  migrate  to  it  and  your  setup  seems  to  be  in  the  same  boat  -  at  present  even  if  I  bin  our  site  and  start  again  you   are  still  based  on  phpbb2  so  No  point...........

Any  advice  anyone...........

Need  PHPBB3  CMS  based  able  to  port  over  existing  PHPBB2

Many  thanks
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 6
usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Help ready to upgrade cant find right CMS Reply with quote

Your  site  link  you  posted  is  no  good.

As  for  your  problem...  You  do  have  one  indeed.  And  your  part  right  about  no  point  in  moving.  The  fact  is  that  no  nuke  fork  can  use  phpbb3.  That  just  isn't  going  to  happen.  But  the  difference  between  what  you  use  now  and  what  is  in  xtreme  is  far  different.  Yes  it  uses  phpbb2  but  an  extremely  modified  version  and  has  the  things  you  said  you  wanted  in  phpbb3.  So,  with  that  in  mind,  I  would  say  it  would  be  a  waste  to  scrap  your  site.  I  mean,  after  all,  you  probably  have  hundreds  of  posts  and  users  and  information  on  there  that  don't  want  to  loose.  So  no  need  to  loose  it.  phpnuke  is  not  all  that  secure  to  begin  with  but  Nuke  Evolution  and  Evolution-Xtreme  are  a  lot  more  secure.  A  lot  more  enhancements  and  people  to  support  it.

The  part  your  right  about  is  that  at  some  point  all  phpnuke  distro's  will  need  to  make  a  change.  Moving  to  phpbb3  would  be  cool  but  just  the  forums  isn't  what  someone  looking  for  a  cms  would  want,  vb  is  to  expensive  for  what  it  is  in  my  opinion,  joomla  is  cool  but  not  really  a  clan  type  site.  Then  you  have  RavenNuke  which  also  has  a  lot  of  great  addons  and  recoded  so  it  is  more  secure.   It  is  secure,  fast  and  supported.  I  also  think  they  have  a  phpbb3  bridge  for  it.  I  am  not  sure  how  that  works  really  as  I  haven't  tried  it  out,  but  for  you  it  might  be  a  solution.  You  do  have  a  lot  of  choices  for  a  clan  site.  you  can  always  check  out  SMF  and  the  portal  which  is  cool.  But,  if  your  looking  for  a  free  solution  my  suggestion  would  be  to  consider  upgrading  to  RavenNukeCMS  or  to  Evolution-Xtreme  which  should  hold  you  over  while  something  new  and  more  advanced  is  created  that  would  suite  your  needs.  

As  for  this,  we  hope  to  get  V3  released  soon  and  start  working  on  a  CMS  that  can  use  phpbb3.  I  really  hope  we  can  do  this  sometime  very  soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:58 am Post subject: No icon Re: Help ready to upgrade cant find right CMS Reply with quote

Works  good  for  me  killigan,  I  like  that  site,  looks  good...
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:34 am Post subject: No icon Re: Help ready to upgrade cant find right CMS Reply with quote

Thomas  wrote  (View  Post):                
Works  good  for  me  killigan,  I  like  that  site,  looks  good...                

Thomas,

I  said  a  few  things  in  my  post.  What  part  works  good?  Which  site  looks  good?  I  talked  about  several  things  that  could  be  the  "works  good"  and  talked  about  several  sites  that  look  good.  So,  you  just  had  to  go  and  confuse  me  with  that  statement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 am Post subject: No icon Re: Help ready to upgrade cant find right CMS Reply with quote

heatsinkbod  wrote  (View  Post):                
current  set  up  -  running  base  Nuke  V8  phpbb2  check  out  -:  AAAA                

Actually  killigan,  I  was  reffering  to  the  post  above.

You  responded  with:

killigan  wrote:                
Your  site  link  you  posted  is  no  good.                

I  merely  stated  that  the  link  he  posted  worked  for  me.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Support All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: