Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post
Arcade General Support Reaper2388 59 Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm
pholix View latest post

Want to learn and code? Read this...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 6
usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:30 pm Post subject: Idea Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

Hello,

We  have  decided  to  open  the  door  for  people  that  are  interested  in  learning  but  don't  really  know  where  to  start.  We  have  a  few  reasons  for  this  but  it  is  probably  not  something  you  have  seen  on  many  websites  and  most  certainly  not  any  Nuke  based  site  that  distributes  any  nuke  versions.  

We  need  help  in  some  area's  and  we  know  a  few  people  that  want  to  learn  and  also  like  to  help  people.  So,  I  was  talking  to  SgtLegend  and  we  decided  that  we  can  help  and  get  help  at  the  same  time.  Basically,  we  are  going  to  offer  a  select  group  of  people  that  actually  want  to  learn  how  to  do  upgrades,  write  conversion  scripts,  port  mods,  upgrade  coding  in  mods  or  change  layouts  and  things  like  that  free  training,  lessons,  help,  support  and  pretty  much  whatever  else  you  need  to  learn.  The  idea  is  to  get  more  people  involved.  We  see  a  lot  of  people  that  want  to  do  more  but  can't,  some  have  skills  but  don't  really  know  it  yet.  Some  just  like  to  help  people  but  lack  a  full  understanding  of  evo.  So,  we  will  talk  to  everyone  that  is  interested  in  learning  and  wants  to  help  with  different  things  and  upgrades  and  stuff.  We  will  also  help  you  get  a  local  test  server  setup  and  learn  now  to  use  it  to  tell  where  errors  are  and  how  to  figure  out  how  to  correct  them.  None  of  this  will  be  quick  and  easy.  But,  we  do  use  teamspeak  and  we  also  use  a  program  called  WebEx  for  live  video  support.  So,  we  can  meet  in  there  and  as  we  go  through  things  we  can  answer  questions  in  real  time  which  will  only  help  you  get  a  better  understanding  of  what  we  are  talking  about  instead  of  just  trying  to  read  through  posts  and  code  all  the  time.  

There  is  no  charge  or  price  tag  on  this.  This  is  free  for  those  that  want  to  learn  and  also  want  to  help  others.  Â 

So,  if  your  interested  please  let  us  know,  if  your  not  that  is  also  fine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Thankful People
2 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
GreggyD
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 11
usa.png

Web Control Panel: cpanel accelerated
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

I  am  ABSOLUTELY,  POSITIVELY,  interested  in  this!   Shocked  I  know  how  to  set  a  server  up  on  my  rig,  have  done  it  for  previous  versions  of  nuke  and  nuke  extreme.  I  am  glad  to  see  this  post.  I  have  wanted  to  learn  more,  but,  didn't  know  where  to  start.  Thank  you  for  this!
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

Anyone  can  post  there  interest  but  i  personally  recommend  you  come  from  a  basic  development  background  so  training  only  needs  to  be  put  through  with  only  a  few  users  and  not  everyone  as  we  really  just  want  to  get  stuck  straight  into  this.

Ill  be  around  on  the  weekends  for  support  but  everyone  must  note  that  I'm  not  always  going  to  be  around  as  i  will  have  other  things  to  work  on  but  ill  try  my  best  to  get  your  heads  in  sync  with  mine.

If  you  have  any  concerns  pm  myself  or  killigan  directly  so  we  can  address  your  concerns  before  we  agree  to  a  team  of  people  that  can  do  what  we  need  to  help  expand  Nuke  Evolution  Xtreme.

PS:  People  who  are  chosen  will  be  given  a  contributor  rank  which  will  be  nice  and  shiny  Cool
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

Nice...  A  shiny  rank  and  free  training.  

SgtLegend,  I  guess  I  will  point  out  that  when  we  are  doing  live  meetings  we  can  record  them  for  anyone  that  can't  be  available.  This  way  everyone  can  watch  and  learn  as  we  go  without  you  or  me  always  having  to  be  present.  Being  on  call  24/7  would  just  be  crazy  talk...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
GreggyD
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 11
usa.png

Web Control Panel: cpanel accelerated
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

What?  You  mean  you  guys  got  a  life  outside  of  this  site?  That  is  just  CRAZY!  Shocked  Hehe.
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

australia.png

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:53 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

You  act  surprised  Razz,  most  of  the  time  i  use  the  precious  time  i  have  playing  CoD,  BC2,  Portal  or  Assassins  Creed  2.  If  anyone  wondered  why  i  don't  use  code  during  the  week  its  not  because  i  play  games  but  because  I'm  trying  to  build  my  skills  up  in  not  only  PHP  but  HTML5,  CSS3,  XHTML  1.0,  JavaScript,  jQuery,  MySQL  and  the  scary  objective  C  and  C#.

All  in  all  I'm  willing  to  help  who  ever  makes  it  so  they  can  hopefully  one  day  become  a  developer  that's  well  known  through  a  community  or  multiple  communities.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Soulkeeper
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:03 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

Yes  I  would  like  to  learn  more  I  can  install  new  site  and  modify  the  pics.  I  look  foward  to  learning  and  helping  others  out  I  know  you  guys  are  busy  and  I  love  Nuke  Xtreme  and  want  it  to  stay  around  and  I  think  it  is  a  good  idea  to  get  some  people  to  help  to  take  stress  off  you  guys.
hardrock-MCS
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

votes: 2
canada.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:10 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

yes  i  would  also  like  to  learn  some  tricks  of  the  trade.  and  would  appreciate  any  help  i  can  get.
Thomas

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

Those  above  are  not  the  only  ones.  Â I  have  thought  about  going  into  web  development  to,  but  need  the  coding  skills  to  do  so.  Â I  am  not  good,  I  would  say  more  of  a  rookie  when  it  comes  to  this  stuff,  I  have  helped  a  number  of  people  on  this  site  before  and  successfully  resolved  their  issues  without  problems.  Â I  want  to  do  more  than  this  though,  I  wanna  help  code  mods,  and  help  people  resolve  coding  issues  they  have  at  the  same  time.

Not  something  I  have  considered  in  a  while  but  want  to  know  more  and  here  is  where  to  gain  that  knowledge  and  put  it  to  good  use  in  the  long  run.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
rharris72

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:11 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

would  love  to  learn  and  then  offer  help  to  others  but  time  on  my  hands  is  short  but  what  i  can  offer  i  will  once  i  learn  alittle  lol
SnakZ
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

votes: 4
usa.png

Web Control Panel: xampp 1.7.4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

one  hard  part  about  coding  in  php

the  coding  may  not  be  hard  what  is  hard  is  keeping  hackers  and  them  "bad  people"  out
 having  to  check  every  input  is  a  PAIN!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 720050661 MySpace Profile: zzsnakzz
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

australia.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

SnakZ  wrote  (View  Post):                
one  hard  part  about  coding  in  php

the  coding  may  not  be  hard  what  is  hard  is  keeping  hackers  and  them  "bad  people"  out
 having  to  check  every  input  is  a  PAIN!!!                

Indeed  it  is  but  that's  what  makes  learning  scripting  languages  so  fun  Razz
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
JasperZ28

australia.png

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

Yep  put  me  down  Killigan..

Just  pass  on  the  time  and  place  (  Teamspeak  address  )  and  I  will  be  there.

Cheers,

Jasper
odoiel

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:02 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

Interesting,  I  have  plundered  in  code  trying  to  see  how  things  worked.  But  lack  the  language  skills  to  code  (don't  know  php,  JavaScript,  etc.  I  can  tinker  but  building  from  scratch  I'd  be  screwed.  I  would  love  to  learn  more  but  wouldn't  know  where  to  start.  Even  if  I  wasn't  able  to  get  in  on  this  deal  id  love  to  get  pointed  in  the  right  direction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SnakZ
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

votes: 4
usa.png

Web Control Panel: xampp 1.7.4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Want to learn and code? Read this... Reply with quote

odoiel  wrote  (View  Post):                
Interesting,  I  have  plundered  in  code  trying  to  see  how  things  worked.  But  lack  the  language  skills  to  code  (don't  know  php,  JavaScript,  etc.  I  can  tinker  but  building  from  scratch  I'd  be  screwed.  I  would  love  to  learn  more  but  wouldn't  know  where  to  start.  Even  if  I  wasn't  able  to  get  in  on  this  deal  id  love  to  get  pointed  in  the  right  direction.                

a  good  start  would  be  to  learn  HTML  what  is  the  main  core  then  comes  all  them  other  things  :D

http://www.w3schools.com/  this  is  a  site  i  use  a  lot  to  help  with  my  coding
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 720050661 MySpace Profile: zzsnakzz
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Support All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: