Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 5 Mon May 29, 2017 6:51 am
Soulfly View latest post
admin access help needed General Support Soulfly 0 Mon May 29, 2017 4:32 am
Soulfly View latest post
Refresh a single block Blocks allrocknmetal 0 Mon May 29, 2017 3:02 am
allrocknmetal View latest post
login as admin strange error General Support Worfwarrior 9 Fri May 26, 2017 4:40 pm
Worfwarrior View latest post
Does Anyone Have a Media Player Mod? Modules goosse 0 Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am
goosse View latest post
head and body help General Support hercountrybuck 8 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post

Problems changing the DB table/user prefix

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Install
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tecman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 pm Post subject: No icon Problems changing the DB table/user prefix Reply with quote

Ok  here  is  what  im  trying  to  do,  I  want  to  share  the  same  user  database  between  multiple  installs.
 I  have  changed  the  prefix  from  nuke  to  (  site2  )  at  step  3  but  the  installer  still  sets  the  table  prefix  as  nuke.  So  of  course  the  database  will  not  install  due  to  the  database  from  (  site1  )  having  the  prefix  nuke.  Is  there  anyway  I  can  fix  this?  Im  using  v2.0.9d
=XE=NOVA

votes: 2
usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Problems changing the DB table/user prefix Reply with quote

you  would  need  to  do  it  manually  if  the  installer  is  just  using  nuke  prefix.  also  you  will  need  to  change  the  config  file  of  the  new  site  like  this  to  nuke1  below.  by  changing  the  prefix  of  the  tables  of  your  new  install  to  nuke1.  to  use  the  same  user  database  just  leave  it  like  your  original  site  that  you  have  your  users  on.  hope  this  helps.  you  have  to  copy  over  your  the  new  install  database  that  you  changed  to  nuke1  over  to  the  same  database.  

so  all  in  a  nut  shell  you  have  nuke  databse  on  your  sql  server  install  new  install  to  a  different  databse  and  change  the  prefix  in  the  sql  tables  to  nuke1.  copy  that  databse  to  your  original  database.  now  change  your  config.php  of  your  new  install  to  what  you  have  in  your  old  config.php.  except  for  the  example  that  i  have  below  that  you  need  to  change  the  $prefix  to  nuke1  keep  user  prefix  to  nuke.  in  theory  this  should  work.  

/*----[  $prefix  ]  ----------------------------------------
 |  The  prefix  for  your  Nuke-Evolution  tables                       |
 |                                                                                      |
 |  Default:  nuke                                                                 |
 ---------------------------------------------------------*/
 $prefix  =  'nuke1';

/*----[  $user_prefix  ]  -----------------------------------
 |  The  prefix  for  your  Nuke-Evolution  user-related  tables   |
 |  Do  not  change  this  unless  it  is  really  needed                 |
 |                                                                                      |
 |  Default:  nuke                                                                 |
 ---------------------------------------------------------*/
 $user_prefix  =  'nuke';
tecman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Problems changing the DB table/user prefix Reply with quote

I  did  that  as  well,  I  tried  doing  a  clean  install,  changed  the  config.php  before  hand,  set  the  same  prefix  in  step  3.  finished  the  install  just  to  get  a  sql  error  saying  the  prefix  is  wrong.  checking  the  DB,  the  prefix  is  still  set  as  nuke  but  the  config  will  read  (  site  1  )  I  changed  the  prefix  in  the  config  file  back  to  nuke  the  site  works.  I  did  this  using  a  empty  DB  in  hopes  I  could  import  the  DB  into  the  main.  Even  thought  about  editing  the  sql  files  for  the  installer,  but  that's  more  work  then  I  want  to  do.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coopvet2000
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel Version 11.26.20,
WHM 11.26.20
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Problems changing the DB table/user prefix Reply with quote

tecman  wrote  (View  Post):                
Ok  here  is  what  im  trying  to  do,  I  want  to  share  the  same  user  database  between  multiple  installs.
 I  have  changed  the  prefix  from  nuke  to  (  site2  )  at  step  3  but  the  installer  still  sets  the  table  prefix  as  nuke.  So  of  course  the  database  will  not  install  due  to  the  database  from  (  site1  )  having  the  prefix  nuke.  Is  there  anyway  I  can  fix  this?  Im  using  v2.0.9d                

O.K  lets  go  over  this  again,  your  just  trying  to  use  the  nuke_user  table  on  to  exact  copies  of  the  same  version  etc!

Yes  this  is  possible  but  would  take  some  recoding  of  files  to  make  it  work.   I  don't  have  the  time  at  the  moment  to  work  on  something  like  this  but  maybe  someone  else  would  be  willing  to  help  you  out.

also  are  the  following  below  statements  true  or  false?

1.  What  i  want  to  do  is  make  it  so  I  only  1  use  1  database  for  authors  and  users  and  anyone  registering  on  one  site  will  also  be  able  to  log  in  with  same  details  on  the  other  site.

2.  Everything  else  will  be  in  seperate  databases..  

Cheers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Visit member's Facebook: 1367605442 MySpace Profile: http://www.myspace.com/GWSVeteran
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: Problems changing the DB table/user prefix Reply with quote

I  will  look  into  making  a  proper  fix  for  this  in  2.0.9e.
tecman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:59 am Post subject: No icon Re: Problems changing the DB table/user prefix Reply with quote

sorry  I  could  have  been  more  clear,  ton  of  work  on  the  desk.

Quote:                

1.  What  I  want  to  do  is  make  it  so  I  only  1  use  1  database  for  authors  and  users  and  anyone  registering  on  one  site  will  also  be  able  to  log  in  with  same  details  on  the  other  site.

2.  Everything  else  will  be  in  seperate  databases..                  

yes  &  no  to  the  first  question,  and  no  for  the  second.

I  want  all  the  sites  in  the  same  database  pulling  user  information  from  nuke_users.  As  for  the  rest  each  site  will  have  a  different  prefix.  

example:

nuke_authors
 nuke1_authors
 nuke2__authors
 nuke_users

maybe  even  share  a  few  other  tables.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Install All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: