Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 5 Mon May 29, 2017 6:51 am
Soulfly View latest post
admin access help needed General Support Soulfly 0 Mon May 29, 2017 4:32 am
Soulfly View latest post
Refresh a single block Blocks allrocknmetal 0 Mon May 29, 2017 3:02 am
allrocknmetal View latest post
login as admin strange error General Support Worfwarrior 9 Fri May 26, 2017 4:40 pm
Worfwarrior View latest post
Does Anyone Have a Media Player Mod? Modules goosse 0 Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am
goosse View latest post
head and body help General Support hercountrybuck 8 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post

Comments on Content pages?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CenTauR

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:57 pm Post subject: No icon Comments on Content pages? Reply with quote

Hi,

I  wonder  if  it's  possible  on  the  next  release  for  an  'allow  comments'  function  (meybe  similar  to  the  News/Articles  system)  to  be  added  to  content  pages?

I  have  a  section  called  The  Diehards  HQ  WWII  Timecapsule  that  has  individual  items  set  out  on  a  menu  linking  to  content  pages  that  is  badly  missing  this  sort  of  function.

(I  currently  have  a  'comments'  link  on  each  page  that  links  to  a  set  aside  section  on  forum.)

Cent
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Comments on Content pages? Reply with quote

Comments  don't  belong  in  the  content  module  because  it's  designed  for  straight  content  that  usually  doesn't  involve  comments,  if  you  need  a  quick  and  alternative  way  to  have  comments  for  your  pages  you  can  use  the  Facebook/DISQUS  comments  plugin  using  the  iframe  code.
CenTauR

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Comments on Content pages? Reply with quote

Thx  for  the  quick  answer.

Yes,  I  know  a  I  use  a  few  things  slightly  differently  than  they  were  originally  designed  for  Diehards  HQ  is  unique  XD.  I  have  found  a  way  around  other  stuff  to  create  what  I  wanted.

I  could  have  used  the  articles  section  on  another  sub-domain,  that  would  give  me  a  'comments'  option;  But  the  lay-out  wouldn't  appear  as  I  wanted.

If  that  option  can't  be  included  I'll  just  have  to  keep  comments  linked  up  to  the  forum  section.  

Cent
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
CenTauR

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Comments on Content pages? Reply with quote

OK
 Second  question  .  .  .  .  same  topic.

I  know  it's  possible  to  add   comments  to  the  content  module.  Issue  is  -  I  can't  do  it  bc  I  don't  have  the  know-how.

So  if  the  dev  team  aren't  prepared  to  add  this  function  on  the  next  update  (  Others  might  find  it  very  useful  I'm  sure  ),  I  suppose  the  nitty  gritty  question  is:  Is  someone  prepared  to  make  this  available  for  me  personally?  And,  if  so,  how  much  are  you  going  to  charge  me?
bayler

votes: 8
blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Comments on Content pages? Reply with quote

The  problem  is  never  that  something  'CAN  NOT'  be  done,  but  what  kind  of  resource  is  it  going  to  take  to  'GET  IT  DONE'.

In  this  case,  what  your  asking  for,  is  going  to  involve  more  then  just  what  your  asking  for...  example:

Content  ->  Comment  ->  Next  Comment  ->  INFINITY  LOOP.

What  you,  or  anyone  that  tries  to  take  on  this  project,  is  going  to  end  up  having  to  make  is  a  type  of  'Mini  Forum'...because  the  moment  that  the  feature  is  built,  then  your  going  to  ask  for  a  way  to  'Moderate  or  Control'  the  feature,  which  REALLY  becomes  a  nightmare.

The  finish  product  is  going  to  be  exactly  that...a  "  Forum  ",  of  which,  the  CMS  already  has  that  feature.
CenTauR

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:30 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Comments on Content pages? Reply with quote

Thx  for  the  reply.

I'm  a  total  noob-cake  with  this  stuff,  so  pls  excuse  if  what  I  ask  about  sounds  insane.   Confused  

I  can  adjust  bits  of  code  sometimes  to  make  minor  adjustments  -  but  that's  about  it.

I  did  wonder,  though,  whether  it  was  possible  to  take  the  coding  for  comments  on  the  news  module  and  adapt  it  for  the  content  module?
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
bayler

votes: 8
blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Comments on Content pages? Reply with quote

That  case,  it  would  be  better  to  modify  the  news  module,  as  the  'articles'  have  a  commenting  system  pre-built  to  them....

you  could  in  essence  do  a  slight  modification  to  remove  the  'news'  system  from  being  default  to  your  home  (  themes/{THEME_NAME}/theme.php  

Hack  that  file  up,  and  you  could  come  up  with  something  that  your  looking  for,  with  probably  less  then  1/10  the  work  of  what  your  originally  asking  for.

PS:  There  is  no  rule  in  the  world  that  says  that  news  articles  have  to  be  on  the  front  page,  or  take  up  a  majority  of  your  pages.  Use  your  imagination  to  come  up  with  a  layout.
CenTauR

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 am Post subject: No icon Re: Comments on Content pages? Reply with quote

Thx  bayler.

Just  to  be  awkward,  Diehards  HQ  already  has  a  News/Articles  section.  It  isn't  set  to  Homepage,  I  have  downloads  set  at  Homepage,  and  the  d/l  section  features  at  the  bottom.  The  News  section  covers  items  from  gaming  news  to  occurences  round  the  World  linked  to  the  gaming  industry  (With  particular  relevence  to  the  site  content  mainly).

The  contents  section  is  set  up  as  a  World  War  2  capsule  presenting  more  unusual/inventive  aspects  of  WWII.  (  The  sort  of  stuff  you  don't  usually  get  told  about)  with  multiple  articles  linked  to  the  Timecap  menu  page.  It's  these  articles  that  may  beg  comment  that  I  was  looking  at.

I  have  put  a  comments  link  at  the  bottom  of  each  page,  linked  to  the  forum.  Guess  I'll  just  leave  it  at  that  -  unless  I  find  something  else.

See,  Plenty  of  imagination     Wink     lol
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Comments and Suggestions All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: