Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post
Arcade General Support Reaper2388 59 Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm
pholix View latest post

Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Install -> Site Upgrade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiscPete

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:49 am Post subject: No icon Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

Hi  all,

Not  even  sure  if  this  is  possible  but  I  have  an  old  site  which  I  would  like  to  upgrade  to  Evolution  Extreme,  my  first  problem  is  making  sure  I  know  what  version  I  have.

As  I  hadn't  used  the  site  in  ages,  I  see  I  have  quite  a  few  errors,  mainly  not  getting  access  to  certain  areas,  which  would  probably  help  in  checking,  even  though  I  am  the  owner  with  all  admin  privileges.  Having  searched  for  other  similar  problems,  I  have  checked  my  mainfile  and  got  this:

//  Define  File
 define_once('NUKE_EVO',  '1.0.0');
 define_once('EVO_EDITION',  'Basic');
 define_once('EVO_VERSION',  NUKE_EVO  .  "  "  .  EVO_EDITION);

Also,  on  the  Statistics  page  it  says:

Nuke-Evolution  Version: Basic

What  would  be  the  best  route  to  upgrading  to  Extreme.  I  am  not  worried  about  any  blocks/modules  that  don't  work,  just  the  things  like  members,  forums,  posts,  shouts,  PMs  etc.

Thanks  in  advance  of  any  help  you  can  offer.

-Pete.
Teo

votes: 3
italy.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

hi!  
 to  convert  a  site  from  basic  to  xtreme  is  not  a  small  thing!  members,  forums,  posts,  shouts,  PMs  are  less  table  to  convert  i  just  converted  a  site  the  past  weekend!!  

i  know  ppl  ask  monney  for  that  but  i  did  it  twice  and  I  can  assure  you  it  is  not  easy!  

problems  that  may  exist  regarding  the  theme/modules/blocks  can  be  many...  depending  on  your  provider  if  it  offers  PHP  5.3.8  or  less  version!  u  got  to  replace  all  the  eregi()  functions!!

I  suggest  you  try  by  yourself  by  learning  from  this  video:

http://dfgdesign.com/tutorials/article/12-convert-nuke-evolution-to-evolution-xtreme/

Last edited by Teo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 232833186770739
DiscPete

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:16 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

Hi  Teo,  and  many  thanks  for  the  fast  reply.

I  understand  what  you  are  saying  about  it  being  difficult,  and  that's  the  reason  I  am  here  asking  for  advice.  I  would  'try'  to  learn  and  attempt  it  myself,  but  that  video  just  seems  to  be  an  install  video,  not  a  conversion  one.  I  had  already  seen  that  before,  but  thanks  for  trying  to  help.

I  was  hoping  that  there  would  be  some  sql  upgrades  by  stages  for  each  version,  but  I  can't  see  any  before  Nuke  Evolution  2.0.1  unless  I  am  looking  in  the  wrong  place?  http://evolution-xtreme.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=15

Any  other  advice  is  still  very  much  appreciated.

-Pete.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
hardrock-MCS
Xtreme Contributor
Xtreme Contributor

votes: 2
canada.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

those  are  the  basic  upgrades  to  basic  207  then  you  have  to  do  the  upgrades  from  207  basic  to  207  xtreme  and  soforth  until  209d  and  as  Teo  said  it  is  a  long  process.  be  sure  to  backup  all  your  files  and  data  base  b4  starting  and  make  sure  you  read  the  readme  files  fopr  the  files  that  need  editing
DiscPete

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

hardrock-MCS  wrote  (View  Post):                
those  are  the  basic  upgrades  to  basic  207  then  you  have  to  do  the  upgrades  from  207  basic  to  207  xtreme  and  soforth  until  209d  and  as  Teo  said  it  is  a  long  process.  be  sure  to  backup  all  your  files  and  data  base  b4  starting  and  make  sure  you  read  the  readme  files  fopr  the  files  that  need  editing                

Thanks  hardrock-MCS,

I'm  not  worried  about  the  length  of  time  it  takes  (the  site  has  been  down  for  about  2  years  anyway!),  but  are  there  any  updates  from  the  version  I  have  (1.0.0  Basic)  up  to  2.0.1  Basic?  If  I  can  get  that  far  then  I  can  work  my  way  through  the  other  upgrades  listed.  And  yes,  of  course,  I  will  be  making  backups  at  each  step  of  the  way   Wink  

Regards,

-Pete.
Teo

italy.png

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:36 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

how  many  users  &  posts  u  got  in  your  site?  video  is:  Convert  Nuke  Evolution  to  Evolution-Xtreme  
 http://dfgdesign.com/tutorials/article/12-convert-nuke-evolution-to-evolution-xtreme/

i  think  u  got  to  register  to  see  it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 232833186770739
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
DiscPete

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:49 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

Teo  wrote  (View  Post):                
how  many  users  &  posts  u  got  in  your  site?  video  is:  Convert  Nuke  Evolution  to  Evolution-Xtreme  

i  think  u  got  to  register  to  see  it!                

Hi  Teo  and  thanks  again  for  trying  to  help!

I  can  actually  see  the  video  and  have  watched  it  a  couple  of  times  to  make  sure  I  wasn't  missing  anything.  All  I  can  see  is  that  it  is  just  the  install  tutorial  not  a  conversion  video.  Could  you  have  a  quick  look  and  see  if  that  is  the  case?

As  for  my  site,  it's  really  small,  has  only  102  members,  but  as  it's  mainly  family  and  friends,  some  of  it  will  be  personal  stuff  which  is  why  I  would  like  to  keep  it.  It's  a  case  of  quality  over  quantity  if  you  like!

Thanks  again  for  your  continuing  help.

-Pete.
Teo

italy.png

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:24 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

oke  register  at  my  site  and  send  to  me  the  access  to  your  database  i  will  convert  for  free  your:
 users
 topics
 sending  u  back  the  whole  database  with  your  data  inside.  i  wont  convert  your  theme!  u  have  to  keep  one  already  available  for  nuke  evo  xtreme!  ok?
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 6
usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:44 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

I  think  the  videos  you  are  looking  for  are  located  here.  

http://evolution-xtreme.com/modules.php?name=Screen_Casts&act=viewcat&cid=1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
DiscPete

uk.png

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

Hi  Killigan,

Thanks  for  the  reply  and  the  link.

Could  you  please  tell  me  if  there  are  any  upgrade  options  from  Evo  Basic  1.0.0  to  Evo  2.0.1  Basic?  If  I  can  get  my  site  to  2.0.1  Basic  I  can  then  follow  the  rest  of  the  upgrades,  step  by  step.

Teo,  thank  you  for  that  generous  offer,  I  am  going  to  see  if  I  can  do  this  myself,  otherwise  I  will  let  you  know.  Much  appreciate  you  help  so  far   :D

-Pete.
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 6
usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:53 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

That  might  be  a  little  complicated  as  those  versions  are  very  old.  I  can  look  and  see  if  I  can  find  anything  but  I  am  not  sure  I  will  be  much  help.  You  may  actually  need  a  custom  upgrade  script  to  at  least  convert  your  forums  and  users.  Unless  someone  else  has  old  versions  of  Nuke  Evolution.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
DiscPete

uk.png

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:13 am Post subject: No icon Re: Upgrade from Evo Basic to Extreme - advice please. Reply with quote

Thanks  Killigan,

Any  help  you  can  offer  is  very  much  appreciated.

-Pete.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Install ->  Site Upgrade All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: