Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
Realm Designz General Support Thumpit 4 Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 pm
Thumpit View latest post
Billing/Invoicing Module Modules Thumpit 5 Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:29 pm
Thumpit View latest post
Sentinel IP2Country Update General Support bobdude 3 Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:26 am
coRpSE View latest post
a new local project www.wnyboards.com Link up skurge 0 Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 pm
skurge View latest post
Adding SSL certificate Security allrocknmetal 4 Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:48 am
allrocknmetal View latest post
Anyone know how to get hold of Noto? General Support Richmc 0 Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:18 pm
Richmc View latest post
General Info changes are not Saving once changed General Support Thumpit 2 Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 pm
Thumpit View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 10 Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:32 pm
coRpSE View latest post

Thanks Mod

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skmaniac30

votes: 1
blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 pm Post subject: No icon Thanks Mod Reply with quote

Created  this  mod  to  show  thanks  gave  and  received  by  members
 in  forum  topics

and  in  view  profile

Works  with  2.0.9d
 installation  instructions  found  in  install  file.

Updated  for  an  easier  install

Last edited by skmaniac30 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Thankful People
1 user(s) is/are thankful for this post.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

I  just  have  to  say  that  your  "manual  edit"  instructions  in  the  mod  are  absolutely  terrible.  Hard  to  read/follow,  and  you  really  shouldn't  say,  "At  line  450"  or  anything  like  that.  My  line  450  is  not  the  same  as  yours  and  others.  I  wouldn't  be  able  to  use  your  pre-edited  files  for  I  have  modified  my  version  of  those  files.  

I  would  go  about  and  re-write  the  "Manual  Edit"  and  take  notes  from  how  phpbb  mod  edits  were  released  and  had  a  clean  way  of  telling  you  were  to  put  in  the  edits.  Nice  mod,  but  cant  be  used  until  it  makes  sense.

The  pre-edited  file  I  would  pack  up  in  a  folder  like  you  did  with  the  manual  edit  file  and  clean  up  that  package.  Also  release  the  SQL  into  sql  file  for  some  like  me  rather  do  the  sql  updates  manually  and  not  use  the  php  file  to  do  the  updates.

just  my  2  cents...
5STAR
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 4
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.50.0 (build 0)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:41 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

Sorry  skmaniac30

Although  it  is  a  nice  hack,  I  have  to  agree  with  coRpSE,  the  readme  needs  help.  My  line  450  isn't  even  close.It  would  be  a  nice  addition  if  the  edits  were  more  clear

I'm  not  trying  to  offend,  just  being  constructive

All  the  best
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 264037510283291
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
skmaniac30

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:43 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

Thanks  for  the  advice.  I'm  clening  up  the  install  now.

Updated
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 27
australia.png

Web Control Panel: WHM
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:48 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

I  don't  think  your  installer  is  very  clear  as  you  don't  include  any  of  the  edits  required  for  the  PHP  files  in  the  main  install.txt  file  which  should  always  be  included  as  you  can't  assume  the  files  included  in  the  ZIP  file  will  work,  if  that  was  the  case  then  you  can  only  say  the  mod  was  designed  for  Nuke  Evolution  Xtreme  2.0  and  above.

Also  I'm  confused  as  to  why  you're  adding  the  column  "author_id"  into  the  *_bbthanks  table  as  there  is  already  a  column  called  user_id  which  stores  the  correct  user  id  you  need  to  get  the  thanks  from  the  database.

Overall  this  mod  could  be  made  very  easy  with  just  the  file  edits  alone  as  everything  already  exists  in  the  database.

Just  my  2  cents.
skmaniac30

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

The  edits  for  the  php  files  are  listed  in  the  manual  edit.  the  author_id  column  is  the  member  receiving  the  thanks,  where  as  user_id  is  member  giving.  I  felt  it  was  easier  to  add  the  field  than  to  do  3  queries  to  get  the  required  info.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

australia.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

Quote:                
The  edits  for  the  php  files  are  listed  in  the  manual  edit                

I  know  the  PHP  edits  are  in  the  ZIP  file  but  I  think  you  missed  the  point  of  what  I  mean,  for  any  other  user  it  may  not  make  sense  that  they  have  to  go  into  the  custom  edits  folder  and  open  the  next  txt  file.  All  file  edits  should  be  included  in  the  main  install.txt  file  and  should  have  a  note  saying  if  these  edits  already  exist  move  onto  Step  X.

Quote:                
the  author_id  column  is  the  member  receiving  the  thanks,  where  as  user_id  is  member  giving.  I  felt  it  was  easier  to  add  the  field  than  to  do  3  queries  to  get  the  required  info.                

Ok  guess  I  did  jump  the  gun  there  a  little  bit  as  its  been  a  while  since  I  have  seen  a  lot  of  the  code  for  these  mods,  however  in  saying  that  you  could  easily  achieve  the  same  result  by  using  an  INNER  JOIN  MySQL  query  in  the  usercp_viewprofile.php  file  instead  of  another  database  column  which  would  be  just  as  fast  and  only  results  in  one  query  for  each  page  load.
skmaniac30

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

Thanks  for  the  advice  sarge.  All  the  edits  are  now  in  the  install  file,  and  removed  the  database  update.  Edited  my  original  post  to  include  the  new  mod.
Teo

votes: 3
italy.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

the  file  i  downloaded  right  now  seams  to  be  fine,  have  u  already  edited  it  guys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 232833186770739
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
skmaniac30

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:53 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

Teo  wrote  (View  Post):                
the  file  i  downloaded  right  now  seams  to  be  fine,  have  u  already  edited  it  guys?                
yes
Teo

votes: 3
italy.png

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

gj!   Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 232833186770739
oncedisturbed

australia.png

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

Tried  loading  this  mod  adn  kept  getting  an  error  on  the  following  code  when  installed  in  to  the  modules/Forums/viewtopic.php  file.

Kept  getting  double  syntax  error  on  line  2167  (for  my  file  that  is  the  number  line)  

Code:                
/*****[BEGIN]******************************************
  [  Mod:        Thanks  Mod                                                ]
 ******************************************************/  
          'THANKSTOTAL'  =>  $thankstotal,
 /*****[END]********************************************
  [  Mod:        Thanks  Mod                                                ]
 ******************************************************/                

Any  idea  what  the  error  may  be  as  would  love  to  have  this  running,  appologies  for  digging  up  an  old  thread
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
skmaniac30

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

attach  your  viewtopic.php  file  and  I'll  take  a  look  at  it.
SgtLegend
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

australia.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

More  than  likely  you  have  a  missing  comma  before  that  code  or  an  extra  one  as  seen  in  your  above  snippet.

Code:                
$thankstotal,                

^^^
 Make  sure  the  trailing  comma  exists  on  the  previous  line  but  not  on  the  last  line  before  the  closing  parentheses.
oncedisturbed

australia.png

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:44 am Post subject: No icon Re: Thanks Mod Reply with quote

Cheers  Sarge
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Comments and Suggestions All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: