Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
head and body help General Support hercountrybuck 8 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post

Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Modules
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalTouch68

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:00 pm Post subject: No icon Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

I  found  a  zip  file  on  a  cd  from  along  time  ago  and  I  tried  to  install  it  on  a  test  site  with  no  luck.  I'm  not  a  very  good  coder  and  surely  cant  work  on  this  advanced  system  you  have  here.

I  was  wondering  how  hard  this  would  be  and  if  anyone  was  interested  in  porting  this  for  the  clans  out  there.

Here  is  the  file  if  you  could  please  look  at  it.
 http://www.bomclan.com/Clan_Nuke_Beta3.zip
FinalTouch68

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

81  veiws  and  no  takers.  if  someone  could  tell  me  what  needs  to  change  I  will  port  it  my  self.  I  just  dont  know  what  codes  you  have  changed.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

I  have  not  heard  of  this  in  a  long  long  time.  Most  porting  usually  starts  with  the  basics.

Most  old  modules  like  that  probably  have  the  codes  start  with  something  like

Code:                
if  (!eregi("modules.php",  $PHP_SELF))  {
     die  ("You  can't  access  this  file  directly...");
      }                

And  now,  eregi  is  depreciated,  so  you  would  change  that  to:

Code:                
if  (  !defined('MODULE_FILE')  )  {
     die("Illegal  Module  File  Access");
 }                

But  you  don't  stop  there.  There  is  allot  that  goes  into  porting  and  way  more  than  can  be  posted  here  just  because,  who  knows  what  needs  to  be  changed.  There  are  probably  different  globals  called  and  guarantee  that,  that  script  is  over  5-8  years  old,  and  if  that's  the  case,  it  probably  for  security  reasons,  should  be  re-written  from  the  ground  up.

I  know  that's  probably  not  what  you  want  to  hear,  but  security  should  be  a  priority  especially  with  older  scripts  like  that.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
FinalTouch68

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

Well  that  sucks.  I  really  want  a  good  clan  mod  but  im  not  paying  50  for  the  one  thats  out  there.  I  think  thats  BS  for  just  a  module  when  the  whole  script  is  free.....  

Thanks  any  way.  Maybe  I  will  just  make  one  in  html  and  ifram  it  in.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:18 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

FinalTouch68  wrote  (View  Post):                
Well  that  sucks.  I  really  want  a  good  clan  mod  but  im  not  paying  50  for  the  one  thats  out  there.  I  think  thats  BS  for  just  a  module  when  the  whole  script  is  free.....  

Thanks  any  way.  Maybe  I  will  just  make  one  in  html  and  ifram  it  in.                

Its  BS  for  just  a  module  when  the  script  is  free?  What  script?  If  your  talking  about  the  clan  roster,  the  script  is  not  free.  it  cost  $50.  The  CMS  is  free,  but  the  CR  don't  need  the  CMS  to  run.

You  will  find  that  there  are  allot  of  stuff  out  there  that  cost  money  like  themes,  modules,  scripts.  Yes,  there  are  allot  of  free  stuff,  I  know  I  have  released  a  ton  of  free  scripts,  mod,  modules,  blocks  and  hacks.  But  I  also  have  some  paid  products  out  there  to  help  pay  for  my  clans  TS3  and  our  site.  You  may  have  a  problem,  (as  you  make  it  in  that  reply),  with  people  charging  for  scripts  that  they  invested  hundreds  of  hours  into,  but  everything  comes  at  a  price,  might  it  be  hosting  the  files,  the  sites  that  provide  support  for  you  when  you  need  it,  and  sometimes,  pay  the  staff  that  provide  you  with  the  free  support.  Many  reasons  to  charge  for  scripts,  but  if  your  just  looking  fro  the  free  stuff  out  there,  then  digging  around  and  researching  is  what  you  will  need  to  do,  but  I  wouldn't  recommend  complaining  and  saying  its  BS  about  how  some  scripts  that  are  overall  nicer  cost  $$$,  there  are  reasons  for  that.  Overall,  do  you  have  a  job?  Would  you  do  it  if  you  did  not  get  paid  for  your  work  in  one  way  or  another.  

I  personally  use  the  ClanRoster  and  I  have  all  the  forum  &  profile  mods  that  Floppy  and  I  developed  for  it  on  my  clans  site.  I  thought  it  was  a  worth  wild  investment  for  my  clan.  I  also  have  several  other  paid  scripts  on  my  site  list  our  application  module,  and  the  thumbs  up  and  down  script  that  we  use  in  our  forums  and  on  our  news  module.  They  all  had  what  I  was  looking  for  the  task  that  I  needed  it  for.

Overall,  you  can  try  the  OfXgamer  roster  if  your  looking  for  something  free.  Granted  there  is  no  longer  any  support  for  it  for  they  have  given  up  on  the  script.  But  there  are  a  few  that  have  modified  it  for  their  site.  It  may  need  some  updating  as  it  "may"  spit  out  some  errors  with  php5.4+,  but  I  don't  know,  I  have  not  tested  it  in  a  year  or  two.  Support  for  it  could  be  asked  here  or  at  ClanThemes,  I  am  sure  if  you  run  into  a  problem,  doing  a  search  on  either  site  may  yield  the  answer  your  looking  for  before  you  ask  it.  

http://files.ofxgamer.com/files/ofx_phpnuke/beta/

I  know  the  signatures  don't  work,  well,  last  I  knew  they  did  not  work  right  or  at  all.  But  the  rest  of  the  script  did  work.
megaboost

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:40 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

I  have  Clan  Roster  2  and  Floppy  never  got  back  to  me  when  I  pm'd  him  about  a  problem  with  the  license.   I  have  the  license  that  I  paid  for  but  moved  website  and  he  never  got  back  to  me  about  changing  it  for  new  website.  I'm  not  sure  if  you  can  help  Corpse  but  i  would  love  to  have  this  running  Instead  of  the  ClanList  one  that  I  have  running  now.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:57 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

Don't  PM  floppy,  You  have  to  post  on  the  forums  that  you  need  a  license  reset  and  he  will  reset  it  for  you.  Once  you  make  that  post,  if  need  be,  Noto  or  I  will  email  him  to  let  him  know.
FinalTouch68

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

Sorry  coRpSE  did  really  think  about  it  like  that.  I  like  the  Roster  for  50  I  just  cant  afford  to  spend  that  much  on  a  script  for  a  toy  lol.  I  have  the  RD  Clan  Roster  v1  I  just  don't  think  it  has  enough  options.  

I  guess  If  I  have  to  I  will  buy  the  one  out  there  but  it  really  is  fit  for  a  pc  clan  not  a  PS3  or  XBox.  then  most  mods  out  now  are  in-coded  and  I  cant  simply  edit  them  and  make  them  say  what  I  want  in  the  lang  file.  

I  totally  understand  your  point  and  the  reasoning  behind  in-coding  and  charging  don't  miss  understand  me  please
megaboost

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote  (View  Post):                
Don't  PM  floppy,  You  have  to  post  on  the  forums  that  you  need  a  license  reset  and  he  will  reset  it  for  you.  Once  you  make  that  post,  if  need  be,  Noto  or  I  will  email  him  to  let  him  know.                

I  did  pm  him  but  didn't  realize  I  wasn't  supposed  to,  so  I  apologized  and  requested  it  in  forum.  I  hope  I  don't  get  banned  because  i  really  need  the  license  reset.

Thanks  for  letting  me  know  Corpse.  I'll  get  in  touch  if  he  doesn't  get  back  to  me.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:13 am Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

Another  roster  type  of  module  out  there  is  this  one.
 http://www.udesigns.be/shop-i9-phpnuke-clan-members
 It  only  cost  10  Eur,  which  is  about  13.75  in  USD.  

As  for  affording  scripts.  I  hear  ya  on  that.  The  way  my  clan  was  able  to  get  it  was  I  just  told  them,  if  you  want  something  like  that,  everyone  just  donates  a  buck  or  two,  and  we  could  get  it.  Sure  enough,  we  earned  enough  in  like  a  week  to  buy  two  of  them.  But  that  does  take  a  clan  to  come  together  and  help  out  with  paying.  Overall,  I  know  the  $50  one  that  Floppy  is  out  of  your  price  range,  But  i  figured  i  would  give  you  this  other  option  with  is  allot  cheaper.

megaboost,  your  all  set.  Floppy  PMed  you  with  instructions  on  what  you  need  to  do.
FinalTouch68

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:05 am Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

Thanks  coRpSE  I  got  that  one  to  check  it  out.  Affordable  and  tweak-able  the  eng  file  isnt  incripted  :}  Thanks  if  this  isnt  good  enough  for  us  I  will  consider  opening  the  Donate  module  soon  as  I  get  enough  members.  I  am  just  now  building  the  clan.  We  are  gonna  play  most  of  the  call  of  duty  classes  on  PS3  and  XBox360.
 Im  not  sure  this  will  work  with  the  system  but  Im  gonna  install  it  right  now  after  backing  up  the  database  lol..

Check  out  the  site  im  working  on.
 www.bomclan.com
FinalTouch68

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

Hey  coRpSE  would  you  have  any  idea  why  when  going  into  the  module  or  admin  the  header  images  wont  show.  I  know  you  did  make  the  module  but  you  are  a  coder  and  I  thought  maybe  you  would  know.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
megaboost

uk.png

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Can someone port this? Clan_Nuke_Beta3 Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote  (View  Post):                

megaboost,  your  all  set.  Floppy  PMed  you  with  instructions  on  what  you  need  to  do.                

Thanks  Corpse.  I  got  it  sorted.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Modules All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: