Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
youtube videos in posts wont go full screen Modules PatPgtips 7 Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:42 am
coRpSE View latest post
Realm Designz General Support Thumpit 4 Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 pm
Thumpit View latest post
Billing/Invoicing Module Modules Thumpit 5 Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:29 pm
Thumpit View latest post
Sentinel IP2Country Update General Support bobdude 3 Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:26 am
coRpSE View latest post
a new local project www.wnyboards.com Link up skurge 0 Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 pm
skurge View latest post
Adding SSL certificate Security allrocknmetal 4 Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:48 am
allrocknmetal View latest post
Anyone know how to get hold of Noto? General Support Richmc 0 Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:18 pm
Richmc View latest post
General Info changes are not Saving once changed General Support Thumpit 2 Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 pm
Thumpit View latest post

Hidden messages in the forums

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Forum BBCodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickeado

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 am Post subject: No icon Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

Hi,  anyone  knows  how  to  put  hidden  messages  to  be  disabled  with  lots  of  messages  posted  on  the  forum?  ,  something  like  vbulletin,  having  the  option  to  post  messages  and  hide  them  by  placing  minimum  number  of  messages  that  have  to  have  the  user  can  with  evolution  xtreme?  Sad  

I  also  wanted  to  know  how  I  can  do  to  make  hidden  messages  are  disabled  by  simply  just  clicking  the  thanks  button.

when  user  click  on  button  thanks  you  can  see  the  hidden  message,  this  can  be  done  in  xtreme  nuke?  Confused   could  someone  tell  me  how  to  do  it,  thank  you  very  much.  Smile
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:21 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

I  think  I  understand  what  you  are  asking  for.  I  have  seen  this  system  before  and  I  know  what  it  was  designed  for.  What  your  looking  for  is  when  a  new  user  registers  on  your  site,  their  first  X  amount  of  post  are  hidden  from  public  until  a  admin  approves  them.  Once  X  amount  of  post  from  that  user  is  approved,  then  the  rest  of  their  post  are  visible  to  the  public  automatically.

This  system  was  devised  to  keep  bots  from  registering  on  your  site  and  being  able  to  spam  your  forums  with  post  and  signatures  that  contain  spam  and  possible  hack  sites.  The  one  major  drawback  to  this  system  was  it  required  admin  approval  and  after  a  while,  some  sites  had  admins  that  slacked  off  and  took  a  few  days  which  drove  people  away  from  their  sites.

Unfortunately,  I  do  not  believe  that  system  if  not  on  phpbb  or  nuke.  Though  if  your  goal  was  to  keep  people  off  your  site  that  are  spam  bots,  then  I  recommend  you  using  the  HoneyPot  that  I  developed.  So  far,  since  it  has  first  been  developed  from  the  first  release,  it  has  a  100%  success  rate  at  stopping  bots  from  registering  on  sites.

http://evolution-xtreme.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=40189#40189

That  is  a  link  to  it.  Other  wise,  I  don't  know  of  a  system  that  was  built  like  that,  but  I  can  look  around.
Nickeado

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  think  I  understand  what  you  are  asking  for.  I  have  seen  this  system  before  and  I  know  what  it  was  designed  for.  What  your  looking  for  is  when  a  new  user  registers  on  your  site,  their  first  X  amount  of  post  are  hidden  from  public  until  a  admin  approves  them.  Once  X  amount  of  post  from  that  user  is  approved,  then  the  rest  of  their  post  are  visible  to  the  public  automatically.

This  system  was  devised  to  keep  bots  from  registering  on  your  site  and  being  able  to  spam  your  forums  with  post  and  signatures  that  contain  spam  and  possible  hack  sites.  The  one  major  drawback  to  this  system  was  it  required  admin  approval  and  after  a  while,  some  sites  had  admins  that  slacked  off  and  took  a  few  days  which  drove  people  away  from  their  sites.

Unfortunately,  I  do  not  believe  that  system  if  not  on  phpbb  or  nuke.  Though  if  your  goal  was  to  keep  people  off  your  site  that  are  spam  bots,  then  I  recommend  you  using  the  HoneyPot  that  I  developed.  So  far,  since  it  has  first  been  developed  from  the  first  release,  it  has  a  100%  success  rate  at  stopping  bots  from  registering  on  sites.

http://evolution-xtreme.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=40189#40189

That  is  a  link  to  it.  Other  wise,  I  don't  know  of  a  system  that  was  built  like  that,  but  I  can  look  around.                

No

My  question  is  how  to  make  hidden  messages  are  visible  when  a  member  click  the  thanks  button.

hidden  messages  can  be  seen  when  a  member  leaves  a  comment  on  the  message,  I  would  like  you  to  see  them  by  clicking  on  the  button  thanks

is  this  possible?  ..thank   Very Happy
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

At  this  time,  no,  don't  know  of  anything  that  would  do  that.

Can  you  explain  to  me  on  this.  Why  would  you  thanks  a  post  that  you  can't  read?  What  if  you  don't  agree  with  it,  why  would  you  thank  it?  Now  with  the  hidden  messages,  how  are  you  supposed  to  comment  on  them  if  you  can't  see  them  until  you  comment.  

I  don't  know,  this  system  seems  a  little  wonky  to  me  and  I  do  not  understand  its  purpose.
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:36 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

I  agree  with  Corpse,  The  way  you  have  explained  you  want  this  to  work,  It  just  doesn't  seem  to  make  any  sense.
Nickeado

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:10 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

At  this  time,  no,  don't  know  of  anything  that  would  do  that.

Can  you  explain  to  me  on  this.  Why  would  you  thanks  a  post  that  you  can't  read?  What  if  you  don't  agree  with  it,  why  would  you  thank  it?  Now  with  the  hidden  messages,  how  are  you  supposed  to  comment  on  them  if  you  can't  see  them  until  you  comment.  

I  don't  know,  this  system  seems  a  little  wonky  to  me  and  I  do  not  understand  its  purpose.                

SMF  is  the  option  of  the  button  "thanks"  or  comment  on  the  post  "to  see  hidden  messages  ..

using  the  thanks  button  or  by  typing  in  the  message  you  can  see  the  hidden  message  ..

I  mean  if  possible  in  a  hidden  nuke  xtreme  message,  click  on  the  thanks  button  to  see  the  message  and  leave  it  hidden  just  to  click  on  the  thanks  button.

Let  me  understand?

Lonestar  wrote  (View  Post):                

I  agree  with  Corpse,  The  way  you  have  explained  you  want  this  to  work,  It  just  doesn't  seem  to  make  any  sense.

SMF  is  the  option  of  the  button  "thanks"  or  comment  on  the  post  "to  see  hidden  messages  ..

using  the  thanks  button  or  by  typing  in  the  message  you  can  see  the  hidden  message  ..

I  mean  if  possible  in  a  hidden  nuke  xtreme  message,  click  on  the  thanks  button  to  see  the  message  and  leave  it  hidden  just  to  click  on  the  thanks  button.

Let  me  understand?
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:24 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

I  guess  I  just  don't  understand  it.  I  just  can't  see  how  thanking  something  you  can't  see  or  even  posting  a  comment  on  something  you  can't  see  makes  sense  to  me.  That  would  be  just  like  randomly  thanking  something.  and  replying  to  something  that  you  don't  even  know  what  your  replying  to.

It  might  be  just  over  my  head  or  some  sort  of  communication  conflict.  Are  these  "Hidden  Messages"  replies  from  others  or  the  main  text  of  the  thread,  or  is  it  something  you  can  put  in  and  wrap  in  bbcode  that  will  keep  it  hidden  unless  they  "like"  or  "reply"  to  the  thread?

Can  you  link  us  to  an  example  of  it?
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

Corpse  and  i,  Have  found  a  bbcode  hack  for  just  this  paticular  use.  We  will  look  into  porting  this,  I  can  not  give  you  an  exact  time  frame,  As  we  are  both  very  busy  with  projects.

So  please  be  patient.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:46 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

Lonestar  and  I  were  talking  and  I  went  to  SMF  and  looked  for  what  you  were  talking  about,  they  only  talked  about  a  mod  where  hidden  content  could  be  hidden  from  all,  (non  admins),  until  they  post.  Well,  Lonestar  and  I  talked  and  did  some  searching  and  we  found  this  really  old  mod  for  phpbb,  of  course  it  will  need  to  be  ported  and  probably  altered  a  little,  but  is  this  what  your  looking  for?

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/870

Let  us  know.  It  only  works  of  of  replies,  but  not  sure  how  hard  it  would  be  to  include  "thanks"  into  it.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Nickeado

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:50 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

I  guess  I  just  don't  understand  it.  I  just  can't  see  how  thanking  something  you  can't  see  or  even  posting  a  comment  on  something  you  can't  see  makes  sense  to  me.  That  would  be  just  like  randomly  thanking  something.  and  replying  to  something  that  you  don't  even  know  what  your  replying  to.

It  might  be  just  over  my  head  or  some  sort  of  communication  conflict.  Are  these  "Hidden  Messages"  replies  from  others  or  the  main  text  of  the  thread,  or  is  it  something  you  can  put  in  and  wrap  in  bbcode  that  will  keep  it  hidden  unless  they  "like"  or  "reply"  to  the  thread?

Can  you  link  us  to  an  example  of  it?                

The  message  is  hidden,  I  click  thanks  button

After  you  click  on  button  you,  I  can  already  see  the  message

Pressing  Thanks  button,  you  can  view  the  hidden  message  without  typing  or  comment  in  the  message.

When  you  give  thanks  the  message  is  visible,  that's  what  I  mean

It  could  edit  some  files  to  do  this?
 NOTE:  Using  google  translator  is  not  very  good  my  English
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

blank.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

The  link  Corpse  provided,  is  to  a  mod  that  ALREADY  exists,  That  more  or  less  does  what  you  want,  In  order  for  it  to  work  with  the  thanks  mod,  would  required  further  modification,  Which  of  course  take  a  lot  more  time,  And  may  even  cost  you  to  have  done.
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Hidden messages in the forums Reply with quote

I'm  not  sure  how  the  hell,  I  missed  this,  But  the  hide  feature  is  already  in  Xtreme  BBCode.

Check  the  BBCode  whle  posting,  I  am  hiding  the  image  you  need  to  look  for  in  a  hidden  BBcode,  So  you  should  need  to  reply  before  viewing  it  :P

Protected  Message:

---  If  you  are  a  *registered  user*  :  you  need  to  post  in  this  topic  to  see  the  message  ---

It  will  take  afew  minor  tweaks  (  I  hope  ),  To  make  this  work  along  side  the  thanks  mod.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Forum BBCodes All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: