Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post
Arcade General Support Reaper2388 59 Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm
pholix View latest post

Arcade Center Chrome fix

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Quick fixes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:19 pm Post subject: No icon Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

A  week  or  so  ago,  Google  Chrome  put  out  an  update  that  ended  up  breaking  the  marquee  HTML  code.  It  is  a  known  bug  with  them  since  I  have  already  reported  it  to  them.  The  bug  is  that  it  no  loner  works  with  the  width  or  height  set  in  percentages.  So  if  you  have  width  set  to  lets  say,  100%  and  the  parent  container  has  a  fixed  width  of  800px,  well,  if  the  content  in  the  marquee  is  1600px  wide,  then  it  will  stretch  to  the  content  and  ignore  the  parent  container.  To  fix  this,  you  need  to  set  the  marquee  heights  and  widths  to  a  set  pixel  rather  than  a  percent  until  this  bug  can  be  fixed.

Here  is  the  block  Arcade  Center  where  I  fixed  the  height  issue  by  just  setting  the  max  height  of  the  2  marquess  to  300px  high.

I  also  like  to  note  that  with  the  direction,  use  only  lowercase  letters,  like  up  instead  of  Up.  It  seems  not  to  pay  attention  to  capital  letters  as  well.
megaboost

uk.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

Nice  Fix  Corpse.  I'm  sure  MAGNET  will  be  pleased  to  see  a  fix.

I'm  sure  my  Chrome  updated  just  yesterday  so  they  may  have  released  a  fix  for  that  Issue.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:39 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

megaboost  wrote  (View  Post):                
Nice  Fix  Corpse.  I'm  sure  MAGNET  will  be  pleased  to  see  a  fix.

I'm  sure  my  Chrome  updated  just  yesterday  so  they  may  have  released  a  fix  for  that  Issue.                

Nope,  they  still  have  not  fixed  it.  My  chrome  is  updated  and  is  still  broke.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Shadz

votes: 1
uk.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:12 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

So  coRpSE,  If  I  am  reading  this  post  correctly  will  this  fix  the  stretching  issue  then  since  the  Chrome  update?

Because  if  so  I  have  put  this  block  on  my  site  and  the  arcade  still  stretches  the  site.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

Shadz  wrote  (View  Post):                
So  coRpSE,  If  I  am  reading  this  post  correctly  will  this  fix  the  stretching  issue  then  since  the  Chrome  update?

Because  if  so  I  have  put  this  block  on  my  site  and  the  arcade  still  stretches  the  site.                

This  will  only  fix  the  stretching  that  is  happening  vertically,  not  horizontally.  If  your  having  that  issue,  (which  would  only  be  if  you  have  a  ton  of  arcade  categories),  you  need  to  set  the  marquee  that  is  horizontal  to  the  width  you  want  it,  but  that  will  only  stretch  horizontally  if  you  have  a  bunch  of  "categories"  that  will  cause  it  to  stretch.
hp2001

netherlands.png

Web Control Panel: DirectAdmin
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:48 am Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

its  also  explorer  that  screws  things  up,  I  hope  this  fix  will  help

I  have  the  horizontal  issue  and  I  cant  seem  to  fix  it,  anyone  has  an  idea  or  fix  for  it?
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:20 am Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

hp2001  wrote  (View  Post):                
its  also  explorer  that  screws  things  up,  I  hope  this  fix  will  help

I  have  the  horizontal  issue  and  I  cant  seem  to  fix  it,  anyone  has  an  idea  or  fix  for  it?                

I  don't  see  the  center  block  on  your  site  to  see  what  the  issue  is,  but  I  have  not  seen  any  issues  with  it  on  IE,  but  if  you  put  it  on  your  site,  maybe  I  can  see  what  is  doing  it.  I  also  suggest  you  also  test  it  to  see  if  it  is  doing  that  on  all  themes,  not  just  that  one  your  using.
hp2001

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:27 am Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

I  can  use  the  block,  but  as  soon  as  I  change  my  theme  I  loose  my  right  blocks  and  can  only  see  my  left  and  first  center  block  nothing  else,  its  not  that  I  need  to  change  my  theme  but  it  would  be  nice  if  I  could  have  the  option  to  do  so

I  have  about  12  category's  in  my  arcade

Ps.  I  have  also  tried  chrome  and  firefox  they  also  give  the  same  error
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:05 am Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

What  theme  are  you  trying  to  use  that  breaks?

Overall,  if  you're  having  a  horizontal  issue,  just  do  this  change.

Open  the  block  and  find  on  line  222:

Code:                
<marquee  behavior=  \"scroll\"  align=  \"center\"  direction=  \"left\"  width=\"100%\"                  

and  in-line  you  will  see  the  width=\"100%\",  just  change  that  to  what  ever  width  you  want,  maybe  something  like,

width=\"500px\"

Other  than  that,  i  see  others  using  it  with  no  issue  on  their  site.
 What  exactly  is  the  error  you  are  getting?
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
hp2001

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:20 am Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

it  depends...  sometimes  my  rightblocks  disappear  and  the  next  all  my  center  blocks  are  gone  except  the  first  in  line,(arcade  would  be  the  second)  it  still  is  affected

I  have  set  it  on  100px  and  it  seems  to  cleared  to  normal  for  FF  and  chrome,  only  explorer  is  still  not  working  great  but  ok  its  explorer  after  all  what  can  I  expect  Rolling Eyes   Laughing  atleast  im  getting  closer  to  a  solution,  thx  for  helping  me  in  the  right  direction

I  outlined  the  most  of  that  part  so  now  I  don't  have  a  scrolling  horizontal  category  line  and  no  text,  but  still  in  explorer  I  keep  getting  the  error  so  I  guess  its  something  else  that's  bugging  it

update*
 I  fixed  it  with  a  block-Arcade_Center.php  from  nuke  platinum,  all  seems  to  be  working  now,  im  to  busy  with  the  Dutch  translation  now  but  I  will  look  into  it  what  or  why  this  makes  it  work,  at  least  thx  for  pointing  me  in  the  right  direction
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:27 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Arcade Center Chrome fix Reply with quote

glad  to  help.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Quick fixes All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: