Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
Admin General Support bomclan 3 Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:01 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
RSS feeds Blocks Richmc 1 Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:52 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
Forums disappeared General Support Richmc 0 Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 am
Richmc View latest post
admin access help needed General Support Soulfly 13 Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:08 pm
Soulfly View latest post
mysql_error ? General Support Redcougarxr7 5 Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:27 am
coRpSE View latest post
Question about domain name General Support Richmc 0 Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:03 am
Richmc View latest post
PM System not working correctly General Support Worfwarrior 0 Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:24 am
Worfwarrior View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 9 Tue May 30, 2017 9:19 am
Soulfly View latest post

JS prototype.js conflict

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
picpic

georgia.png

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:36 am Post subject: No icon JS prototype.js conflict Reply with quote

Several  times,  while  adding  new  functionality  on  the  site,  there  was  a  conflict  between  JQuery  and  prototype.js.

I  was  able  to  solve  it  by  using  JQuery  "noconflict",  or  replacing  "$"  with  "$$$"  in  the  prototype.js  code.

But  now,  I  can  not  resolve  the  conflict  between   prototype.js  and  twitter  button  embed  code.

Because  a  prototype.js  constantly  spoils  my  life,  I  decided  to  completely  remove  prototype.js  and  change  the  code  everywhere,  the  prototype  factory  is  used  in  the  code.

Could  you  tell  me,  please,  where  you  met  a  prototype  factory  in  JS  files,  or  tell  me  modules  uses  them?
 Which  modules  or  which  js  files  uses  prototype  factory?

Thank  you  in  advance!
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 3
blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: JS prototype.js conflict Reply with quote

Just  comment  out  the  Prototype.js,  It  is  located  in  the  file  includes/javascript.php

If  you  using  Nuke  Evolution  Xtreme,  You  should  not  have  to  add  the  JQuery  "noconflict"  as  it  comes  default  with  Xtreme.

I  link  to  your  site  would  be  a  good  idea,  So  we  can  have  a  look  at  the  console  log  and  see  where  the  conflict  is  happening.
picpic

georgia.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:49 am Post subject: No icon Re: JS prototype.js conflict Reply with quote

Thank  you  for  your  answer.

Lonestar  wrote  (View  Post):                
Just  comment  out  the  Prototype.js,  It  is  located  in  the  file  includes/javascript.php                  

Yes  I  know  how  to  remove  Prototype.js,  but  I  want  to  find  and  modify  the  code,  where  functions  or  functionality  of  the  Prototype.js  is  used  in  the  script.  I  have  some  experience  how  to  do  this,  but  I  want  all  places  where  Prototype.js  is  necessary  for  the  functionality.

Lonestar  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  link  to  your  site  would  be  a  good  idea,  So  we  can  have  a  look  at  the  console  log  and  see  where  the  conflict  is  happening.                

A  Link  to  my  site:  www.hava.ge.  But  it  is  a  mix  of  the  scripts  of  the  3  cms.  Nuke  Evolution  Xtreme  is  a  main  script,  but  with  a  lot  of  modifications  and  mixed  with  other  cms  script  and  oscommerce  script  too.

I  have  not  twitter  code  on  my  site,  because  of  this  js  conflict.  But  here  is  a  little  test  file  attached.

The  twitter  link  will  be  shown  as  a  link  (in  the  attached  test.htm  file).
 But,  if  you  remove  prototype.js  file  from  the  folder,  or  remove  the  line,  where  prototype.js  is  loaded  in  the  html  code,  than  link  will  be  shown  as  button.  

An  error  occurs  in  the  twitter  widgets.js  file  when  the  prototype.js  is  loaded.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
casterdon

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:17 am Post subject: No icon Re: JS prototype.js conflict Reply with quote

Hello

You  have  to  move  it  from  javascript.php  copy  and  paste  or  comment  out//  to  admin/modules/block.php  and  add  it  just  below  includes_once  (nuke_base_dir_  header.php)  as  below.

include_once(NUKE_BASE_DIR.'header.php');

echo  "<script></script>
 ";

OpenTable();

Hope  this  helps,  CoRpSE  and  Noto  solved  this  one.
picpic

georgia.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:38 pm Post subject: No icon Re: JS prototype.js conflict Reply with quote

Hello,  casterdon  and  thank  You

Are  you  saying  that  I  have  to  move
 <script  type  =  "text/..."  SRC  =  "...  ...  /prototype.js">  </script>
 from  the  head  tag  after  the  body  open  tag?

Unfortunately,  it  did  not  help  me.

Error  occurs:  "can't  convert  undefined  to  object"
casterdon

uk.png

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:06 pm Post subject: No icon Re: JS prototype.js conflict Reply with quote

Comment  it  out  in  javascript.php  then  copy  the  code  and  place  it  into  admin/modules/blocks.php  under  include_once(NUKE_BASE_DIR.'header.php');

Add  in  here  from  javascript.php  the  prototype.js  script  line.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
picpic

georgia.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:51 am Post subject: No icon Re: JS prototype.js conflict Reply with quote

casterdon  wrote  (View  Post):                
Comment  it  out  in  javascript.php  then  copy  the  code  and  place  it  into  admin/modules/blocks.php  under  include_once(NUKE_BASE_DIR.'header.php');

Add  in  here  from  javascript.php  the  prototype.js  script  line.                

Yes,  I  understand.  But,  doing  this  means,  that  prototype.js  will  not  be  loaded  any  page  except  the  site  administration->blocks  administration  page.

Do  you  want  to  say  that  prototype.js  is  there  in  the  script  only  for  the  blocks  administration  page?  
 Moving  from  javascript.php  the  prototype.js  script  line  into  admin/modules/blocks.php  means  that  it  will  work  only  on  this  page.
casterdon

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:53 am Post subject: No icon Re: JS prototype.js conflict Reply with quote

Hi  picpic

I  am  not  a  good  coder,  all  i  know  is  that  the  above  works  for  me.  But  the  post  that  Lonestar  made  is  also  correct  and  he  works  on  this  system.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Support All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: