Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
head and body help General Support hercountrybuck 8 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post

Spam being sent by PHPMailer?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oncedisturbed

australia.png

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:11 pm Post subject: No icon Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

Last  2  days  my  site  has  sent  out  something  like  700  emails  from  my  email  via  PHPMailer  but  can't  find  any  reason  as  to  how  this  has  occurred?
 Nuke  Sentinel  has  picked  up  previous  hackers  and  the  domain  runs  spam  assassin  and  I  also  have  a  script  installed  that  links  up  daily  to  the  international  spam  database  tha  automatically  stops  known  spam  ISP's  and  usernames  from  registering.

I  don't  use  emails  on  a  pc  and  only  via  iPhone  and  iPad  but  can't  find  the  PHPMailer  files  anywhere  nor  how  to  fix  them?

Any  ideas  or  solutions  I  can  look  at?
pd35

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:53 am Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

no  fix  for  it   Sad
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:22 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

oncedisturbed  wrote  (View  Post):                
Last  2  days  my  site  has  sent  out  something  like  700  emails  from  my  email  via  PHPMailer  but  can't  find  any  reason  as  to  how  this  has  occurred?
 Nuke  Sentinel  has  picked  up  previous  hackers  and  the  domain  runs  spam  assassin  and  I  also  have  a  script  installed  that  links  up  daily  to  the  international  spam  database  tha  automatically  stops  known  spam  ISP's  and  usernames  from  registering.

I  don't  use  emails  on  a  pc  and  only  via  iPhone  and  iPad  but  can't  find  the  PHPMailer  files  anywhere  nor  how  to  fix  them?

Any  ideas  or  solutions  I  can  look  at?                

What  is  the  URL  to  your  site?
 The  PHPMailer  is  what  is  used  by  the  CMS  to  send  out  emails  on  registration  and  several  other  modules.  Now,  if  i  can  see  your  site,  we  might  be  able  to  find  out  where  its  being  sent  from.  Also,  setting  up  the  registration  to  help  stop  some  bots  from  getting  on  your  site  should  also  help  with  this.  That  is  why  I  am  asking  for  the  URL  of  your  site.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
pd35

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:40 am Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

my  url  alpha-squad.nl
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:44 am Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

Okay,  I  have  a  list  of  suggestions  for  you.  I  highly  recommend  you  doing  everything  I  am  going  to  recommend  to  you.

1. First,  go  into  ACP  >  Modules  and  find  Recommend_Us  and  click  edit  and  change  Who  can  View  This?   to  Registered  Users.

2. Turn  on  Submit_News  in  the  modules  to  Registered  Users  as  well

3. Install  the  Honeypot  DOWNLOAD  HERE
     Video  tutorial  on  how  to  install  here:  CLICK  HERE

4. I  recommend  changing  your  menu  from  using  the  default  to  using  Sommaire,  which  pre-installed  on  your  site.
     Video  tutorial  here:  WATCH  HERE.
     Put  only  the  modules  that  you  really  want  to  be  shown.

5. Make  sure  you  have  your  registration  configured  correctly,  here  is  a  video  tutorial  I  did  for  it  a  few  weeks  ago.
     WATCH  HERE

I  put  the  last  one  because  I  tried  registering  on  your  site  and  the  email  has  not  been  sent.  Also,  a  heads  up,  the  default  theme  you  are  using  is  missing  a  few  images  around  the  top  menu  buttons  just  under  the  header.
pd35

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote  (View  Post):                
Okay,  I  have  a  list  of  suggestions  for  you.  I  highly  recommend  you  doing  everything  I  am  going  to  recommend  to  you.

1. First,  go  into  ACP  >  Modules  and  find  Recommend_Us  and  click  edit  and  change  Who  can  View  This?   to  Registered  Users.

2. Turn  on  Submit_News  in  the  modules  to  Registered  Users  as  well

3. Install  the  Honeypot  DOWNLOAD  HERE
     Video  tutorial  on  how  to  install  here:  CLICK  HERE

4. I  recommend  changing  your  menu  from  using  the  default  to  using  Sommaire,  which  pre-installed  on  your  site.
     Video  tutorial  here:  WATCH  HERE.
     Put  only  the  modules  that  you  really  want  to  be  shown.

5. Make  sure  you  have  your  registration  configured  correctly,  here  is  a  video  tutorial  I  did  for  it  a  few  weeks  ago.
     WATCH  HERE

I  put  the  last  one  because  I  tried  registering  on  your  site  and  the  email  has  not  been  sent.  Also,  a  heads  up,  the  default  theme  you  are  using  is  missing  a  few  images  around  the  top  menu  buttons  just  under  the  header.                

account  has  just  finished  sending  1000  emails  so  or  hoster  say  this  problem  first  thank  you  for  your  help   Laughing
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

Well,  with  the  changes  that  you  did,  let  me  know  if  that  issue  you  had  keeps  occurring.
pd35

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote  (View  Post):                
Well,  with  the  changes  that  you  did,  let  me  know  if  that  issue  you  had  keeps  occurring.                

Thank  you  for  your  support
hp2001

netherlands.png

Web Control Panel: DirectAdmin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:00 am Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

similair  problem  hope  this  fixed  it  now  Smile
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

Well,  let  us  know  if  the  list  I  suggested  helps  you.
hp2001

netherlands.png

Web Control Panel: DirectAdmin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:09 am Post subject: No icon Re: Spam being sent by PHPMailer? Reply with quote

well  for  me  it  seems  it  did  stop  sending  spam,  the  advice  you  gave  was  good  solid  advice
 i  still  have  some  other  issues  wich  gave  me  some  1040  errors  still  investigating  that  but  
 the  spam  seems  to  be  stopped
 thank  you
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Security All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: