Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post
Arcade General Support Reaper2388 59 Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm
pholix View latest post

Google Search Blocked

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USEFTK

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:31 pm Post subject: No icon Google Search Blocked Reply with quote

Hey  guys,

I  have  been  trying  for  years  to  figure  out  how  to  keep  Sentinel  from  blocking  google  bots.  I  have  done  a  search  and  cant  find  a  current  post  on  this  issue.  I  have  edit  the  bots.txt  file  but  each  time  you  search  for  out  clan  tag  USEF  google  shows  it  as  blocked.

any  help  would  be  greatly  appreciated.

Thanks,
 i4mTK
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Google Search Blocked Reply with quote

I  wonder  if  is  wrapped  up  in  a  range  ban  that  you  may  have  on  your  site.

I  am  looking  here  and  it  looks  to  have  crawled  your  site.
 https://www.google.com/search?as_sitesearch=www.usef.net&q=test#safe=off&q=iamtk+site:www.usef.net

have  you  looked  through  googles  web  tools?
 https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en

you  may  need  to  request  a  revisit,
 https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6065812?hl=en
USEFTK

usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:26 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Google Search Blocked Reply with quote

I  removed  ALL  bans  and  asked  google  to  crawl  the  site  and  its  still  showing  the  site  has  been  blocked  for  google  cache.  I  also  tried  to  disable  sentinel  in  the  admin  settings  but  I  don't  think  it  worked.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Google Search Blocked Reply with quote

USEFTK  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  removed  ALL  bans  and  asked  google  to  crawl  the  site  and  its  still  showing  the  site  has  been  blocked  for  google  cache.  I  also  tried  to  disable  sentinel  in  the  admin  settings  but  I  don't  think  it  worked.                

Is  it  only  blocking  certain  pages  or  all  of  them.  I  know  when  Google  crawls  my  site,  it  does  have  a  tendency  to  go  places  its  not  supposed  to  and  it  gets  blocked  from  those  pages.  It  also  pulls  the  information  from  my  sitemaps.xml  file  that  I  have  in  the  root  of  my  site.  Easy  to  create  that  is  just  to  go  to  your  YourSite.com/modules.php?name=Site_Map  and  that  should  create  a  sitemap.xml  file.  Other  than  that,  that  google  cache  is  going  to  store  the  information  of  a  bad  request  on  a  page  for  a  while.  I  know  Google  still  searches  my  site  for  scripts  I  have  not  had  on  my  site  for  about  8  years.

EDIT:
 I  replied  to  your  post  on  my  site  as  well,  i  can  kill  2  birds  with  1  stone.
Malius

votes: 1
usa.png

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:31 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Google Search Blocked Reply with quote

Thats  a  nice  theme  u  have  but  whats  making  your  blocks  uneven?
USEFTK

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:29 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Google Search Blocked Reply with quote

Not  sure  what  you  mean?  Looks  fine  in  firefox?  unless  you  talking  about  the  donations  block.  I  will  fix  that  soon
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Malius

votes: 1
usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 am Post subject: No icon Re: Google Search Blocked Reply with quote

USEFTK  wrote  (View  Post):                
Not  sure  what  you  mean?  Looks  fine  in  firefox?  unless  you  talking  about  the  donations  block.  I  will  fix  that  soon                

oh  to  me  in  chrome  the  side  blocks  on  the  right  side  are  bigger  and  since  u  do  have  scrollers  in  your  donation  block  that  mnight  be  it..although  it  could  be  your  globe  or  teamspeak  block.
killigan
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
DFG Developer
DFG Developer

votes: 6
usa.png

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:47 am Post subject: No icon Re: Google Search Blocked Reply with quote

You  should  really  clean  up  your  robots.txt  file.  Nothing  you  have  in  there  is  needed  or  used.  It  doesn't  benefit  you,  but  could  cause  more  issues.  

This  is  basically  what  you  want  in  your  robots.txt  file.  

Code:                
User-Agent:  *
 Disallow:                

If  you  really  want  to  get  tricky  and  try  to  help  direct  bots  to  your  pages,  you  can  add  your  sitemap  to  your  robots.txt  file  like  in  the  example  below.  

Code:                
User-Agent:  *
 Disallow:

Sitemap:  http://yoursite.com/sitemap.xml

Trying  to  block  your  PHP  files  is  a  waste  of  time.  Google  doesn't  read  the  PHP,  it  reads  the  HTML,  CSS,  javascript,  but  not  RAW  PHP  code.  Keep  in  mind,  when  Evo  was  built,  all  of  the  tricks  were  needed  and  used.  Today,  it's  a  waste  of  time.  Google  sees  basically  what  you  see  when  you  visit  your  website.  It  also  sees  what  a  blind  person  would  see.  If  you  have  videos,  are  they  supporting  the  hearing  impaired?  There  are  a  lot  of  things  Google  looks  for.  But,  you  really  don't  have  to  worry  about  blocking  stuff  in  the  robots.txt  file.  

Your  site  itself  doesn't  get  blocked  by  Google.  It  could  be  the  tag  itself.  What  is  the  exact  Clan  Tag?  It  isn't  just  USEF  since  that  is  not  blocked  at  all.  There  are  a  lot  of  "USEF's"  out  there,  though.  And  your  site  shows  up  on  the  first  page  of  Google  if  you  search  for  what  USEF  stands  for.  

There  are  things  you  can  do.  You  can  also  whitelist  Google  IP's  in  Sentinal  and  the  .htaccess  file  where  they  would  have  been  blocked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: 154164544594519
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Support All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: