Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post
Arcade General Support Reaper2388 59 Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm
pholix View latest post

Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Quick fixes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
own3mall

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:41 pm Post subject: Complicity Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

Hey  Guys,

I've  been  getting  a  lot  of  spam  sign  ups  recently  on  my  old  Nuke  Evolution  Xtreme  sites.   As  a  result,  I  decided  to  implement  a  rough  cut  version  of  Google's  Recaptcha  Version  V2  (the  not  a  robot  test).   

BEFORE  USING  THIS,  MAKE  A  BACKUP  OF  YOUR  DATABASE  AND  EXISTING  FILES!   Just  upload  the  files  from  the  update  package  and  override  the  existing  files  to  get  the  Recaptcha  changes.   

Here's  a  few  screenshots  (click  to  enlarge):

Download  the  update  (for  existing  installations  of  Nuke  Evolution  Xtreme  2.0.9d)  package  here:

https://github.com/own3mall/Nuke-Evolution-Xtreme/releases/tag/v2.0.9.1d

Download  the  full  installation  package  here  (for  new  installations):

https://github.com/own3mall/Nuke-Evolution-Xtreme/releases/tag/v2.0.9.1d_full

Use  at  your  own  risk.   It  should  work  for  most  installations  of  2.0.9d  as  long  as  you  haven't  customized  a  lot  of  different  code  sections.   Again  make  a  backup  before  using  this.   If  someone  has  already  created  a  plugin  or  implemented  Recaptcha  v2  support,  I  guess  I  missed  that...

To  use:

• Login  to  the  admin  panel.   Go  to  "Preferences"  -->  "Security  Code  Options"

• Enter  your  Recaptcha  Google  Keys  that  you  can  get  for  free  here:   https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin

• Save

• Spam  be  gone...

View  the  changes  to  accomplish  this  here:

https://github.com/own3mall/Nuke-Evolution-Xtreme/commit/62a460faf3af6864d50f549db863ed6187b070c3

I  tried  this  version  on  new  installs  and  am  now  using  it  on  my  live  installations  of  Nuke  Evolution  Xtreme.
Malius

votes: 1
usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:49 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

ummm  honey  pot  ...http://evolution-xtreme.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6119&highlight=honey+pot
own3mall

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:58 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

Malius  wrote  (View  Post):                
ummm  honey  pot  ...http://evolution-xtreme.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6119&highlight=honey+pot                

Yeah,  but  this  is  so  much  simpler  and  hasn't  been  hacked  yet.   I  use  Not  a  Robot  on  all  of  my  sites  (not  just  for  Nuke,  but  for  SMF,  PHPBB,  MyBB,  etc),  and  it  works  flawlessly.

Also,  the  Recommend_Us  module  is  being  used  by  spammers  sending  POST  requests  on  my  server  to  send  spam  emails.   I've  disabled  the  module  for  now,  and  will  be  looking  at  the  code  for  it.   If  it  is  that  easy  to  have  it  send  emails  to  whomever,  that  module  just  needs  to  go...  or  not  allow  a  custom  message  which  will  be  abused  by  spammers.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:37 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

own3mall  wrote  (View  Post):                

Malius  wrote  (View  Post):                

Yeah,  but  this  is  so  much  simpler  and  hasn't  been  hacked  yet.   I  use  Not  a  Robot  on  all  of  my  sites  (not  just  for  Nuke,  but  for  SMF,  PHPBB,  MyBB,  etc),  and  it  works  flawlessly.

Also,  the  Recommend_Us  module  is  being  used  by  spammers  sending  POST  requests  on  my  server  to  send  spam  emails.   I've  disabled  the  module  for  now,  and  will  be  looking  at  the  code  for  it.   If  it  is  that  easy  to  have  it  send  emails  to  whomever,  that  module  just  needs  to  go...  or  not  allow  a  custom  message  which  will  be  abused  by  spammers.                

Hate  to  break  it  to  you,  Bots  can  get  around  reCAPTCHA.  Googles  reCAPTCHA  will  stop  some  bots,  but  not  all,  just  like  most  everything.  I  do  recommend  if  you  want  full  protection,  use  this  and  the  HoneyPot.  This  is  better  than  the  standard  captcha  system,  but  not  better  than  the  Honeypot.

As  for  the  Recommend  us  module,  that  I  always  thought  should  just  be  removed  anyways,  but  a  captcha  system  could  be  built  into  it  or  if  you  have  your  site  as  secure  as  you  can,  then  having  it  for  only  registered  users  is  the  way  to  go.

As  for  a  side  note,  I  would  also  have  added  in  another  option  in  the  section  under  the  "Green  Clouds"  for  reCAPTCHA  so  they  still  have  the  choice  to  use  it  or  not.  But  overall,  good  work.   Very Happy
own3mall

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:04 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

Thanks  Corpse  for  the  feedback.   Recaptcha  V1  by  Google  was  hacked,  but  I've  yet  to  read  any  reports  that  bots  have  hacked  or  cracked  Recaptcha  V2  (the  not  a  robot  mouse  click  test).   It  was  originally  cracked,  but  they  updated  it,  and  it's  been  rock  solid.   I've  had  zero  spam  signups  on  my  forums  since  implementing  it  over  the  past  year  on  various  sites  and  platforms.   

Added  Google  Recaptcha  support  to  recommend  us  module:

https://github.com/own3mall/Nuke-Evolution-Xtreme/commit/e48887ceb0627271bc52bc907d7aeeefc7767d79
own3mall

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

The  stats  module  needs  to  be  fixed  too.   The  preg_replace  (includes/classes/class.identify.php)  function  needs  to  be  converted  to  a  preg_callback  function  for  PHP  5.5.x  and  PHP  7.0  support.   But,  it's  a  nasty  function,  and  it  doesn't  even  detect  browsers  correctly  due  to  the  strings  in  use.   I  tried  using  a  browser  detection  PHP  plugin,  but  the  names  just  didn't  match  up  with  what  Nuke  wanted,  so  I  gave  up.   However,  the  stats  module  in  itself  is  kind  of  dumb  since  webalizer  on  the  server  records  much  more  information  that  is  accurate.   

Perhaps  modules  like  these  should  be  removed.   They're  not  even  worth  fixing.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

The  stats  module  needs  to  be  fixed  too.   The  preg_replace  (includes/classes/class.identify.php)  function  needs  to  be  converted  to  a  preg_callback  function  for  PHP  5.5.x  and  PHP  7.0  support.   But,  it's  a  nasty  function,  and  it  doesn't  even  detect  browsers  correctly  due  to  the  strings  in  use.   I  tried  using  a  browser  detection  PHP  plugin,  but  the  names  just  didn't  match  up  with  what  Nuke  wanted,  so  I  gave  up.   However,  the  stats  module  in  itself  is  kind  of  dumb  since  webalizer  on  the  server  records  much  more  information  that  is  accurate.   

Perhaps  modules  like  these  should  be  removed.   They're  not  even  worth  fixing.                

Lonestar  and  I  are  looking  just  to  get  Evo  Xtreme  up  to  PHP  5.6  compliant,  then  from  there,  we  don't  know.  I  am  waiting  to  hear  back  from  noto  and  we  may  get  together  and  start  doing  stuff  with  a  new  system.  Probably  just  creating  mods  and  what  not  for  it  and  make  it  a  new  clan  CMS.  But  its  just  talks  right  now.  PhpNuke  in  its  self  needs  a  full  overhaul,  and  its  just  too  much  for  just  the  two  of  us.

As  for  the  stats  module,  I  am  guessing  your  talking  about  the  one  from  the  forums.  I  don't  even  use  that.  If  I  want  to  know  that  information,  I  just  go  to  my  Piwik.  I  installed  that  web  analytics  on  my  site  about  2+  years  ago,  and  integrated  it  into  my  Evo  site  and  I  like  it,  and  it's  free.  If  your  wondering,  the  integration  was  just  to  it  records  the  username  instead  of  just  showing  IP's.  Not  hard  to  do.  Will  do  a  tutorial  on  it  again  if  requested.
own3mall

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

Yeah,  I  agree  it  does  need  an  overhaul,  but  it  is  still  working  after  all  of  these  years!

I  meant  this  module:

http://own3mall.com/modules.php?name=Statistics

Notice  how  everything  is  marked  as  Other?   It's  because  detection  is  broken.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:30 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

Yeah,  I  agree  it  does  need  an  overhaul,  but  it  is  still  working  after  all  of  these  years!

I  meant  this  module:

http://own3mall.com/modules.php?name=Statistics

Notice  how  everything  is  marked  as  Other?   It's  because  detection  is  broken.                

I  don't  think  it's  broken,  I  think  it's  incomplete.  I  think  "Other"  contains  Google  Chrome  and  mobile  browser,  just  a  thought.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
own3mall

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:02 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote  (View  Post):                

I  don't  think  it's  broken,  I  think  it's  incomplete.  I  think  "Other"  contains  Google  Chrome  and  mobile  browser,  just  a  thought.                

I  think  Other  includes  Firefox,  Chrome,  Edge,  and  IE  11.   The  percentage  is  way  too  high.   Firefox  /  Chrome  market  share  is  about  even.

The  operating  system  is  also  96%  other,  so  that's  not  working  either.   Not  a  big  a  deal,  but  that  module  isn't  checking  for  new  enough  agent  strings,  and  the  way  it's  checking  the  agent  strings  needs  to  be  changed  for  PHP  5.5.x
BigD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:32 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

I  was  woundering,  is  it  possiable  to  have  this  also  show  on  login?  I  like  to  have  it  used  on  both  registration  and  login.  On  my  old  site,  I  had  it  in  there  and  I  like  to  have  it  on  my  new  site  I  am  building.  I  am  using  the  block-User_Info.php,  but  I  also  like  to  see  it  in  the  mysite.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account  as  well.  Is  that  possiable?  Any  help  would  be  greatly  appreciated.

I  already  installed  coRpSE's  HoneyPot,  but  I  like  to  have  as  many  layers  as  I  can  of  protection  on  my  site.
Shadz

votes: 1
uk.png

Web Control Panel: cPanel
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

BigD  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  was  woundering,  is  it  possiable  to  have  this  also  show  on  login?  I  like  to  have  it  used  on  both  registration  and  login.  On  my  old  site,  I  had  it  in  there  and  I  like  to  have  it  on  my  new  site  I  am  building.  I  am  using  the  block-User_Info.php,  but  I  also  like  to  see  it  in  the  mysite.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account  as  well.  Is  that  possiable?  Any  help  would  be  greatly  appreciated.

I  already  installed  coRpSE's  HoneyPot,  but  I  like  to  have  as  many  layers  as  I  can  of  protection  on  my  site.                

You  can  change  where  the  captcha  is  shown  if  you  go  to:  Site  Admin>Preferences>Security  Code  Options
 From  there  is  will  give  you  a  drop  down  list  of  all  the  places  it  will  show  the  Captcha  box.
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
BigD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:21 am Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

Shadz  wrote  (View  Post):                

You  can  change  where  the  captcha  is  shown  if  you  go  to:  Site  Admin>Preferences>Security  Code  Options
 From  there  is  will  give  you  a  drop  down  list  of  all  the  places  it  will  show  the  Captcha  box.                

I  know  that  if  I  was  using  the  standard  captcha,  that  is  what  I  would  do,  but  I  am  asking  about  the  ReCaptcha  addon  that  own3mall  posted  in  this  thread.   Wink
ETillett69

blank.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:56 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

This  is  such  a  good  news.  Thanks  for  this  post.
own3mall

blank.png

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:53 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9d with Google Recaptcha V2 Reply with quote

[quote="BigD";p="44962"]                                                  
Shadz  wrote  (View  Post):                

Hi,  I  will  be  releasing  a  new  update  soon.   I  have  changed  it  so  that  you  can  use  Recaptcha  V2  everywhere  there  is  a  captcha.   Simply  set  it  to  the  last  entry  in  the  drop  down  list  for  Site  Admin>Preferences>Security  Code  Options.

I  have  also  updated  Nuke  to  install  correctly  in  a  PHP  7.0  environment,  and  I  have  fixed  forum  posting  so  that  it  is  PHP  5.x  and  7.0  compatible.   A  lot  of  other  changes  have  been  made  as  well.   I  hope  to  have  my  code  checked  in  tomorrow.   :)

EDIT:

This  thread  appears  to  be  in  the  wrong  forum  section.   Can  a  mod  move  it  and  leave  a  thread  here  that  redirects  to  its  new  location?
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Quick fixes All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: