Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
Lonestar View latest post
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
login as admin strange error General Support Worfwarrior 9 Fri May 26, 2017 4:40 pm
Worfwarrior View latest post
Does Anyone Have a Media Player Mod? Modules goosse 0 Mon May 01, 2017 9:17 am
goosse View latest post
head and body help General Support hercountrybuck 8 Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm
Sp0rAdiC View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post

arcade question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:01 am Post subject: No icon arcade question Reply with quote

hello  ,  my  name  is  joel  and  i  really  like  evolution  extreme  cms   and  plan  on  using  it  on  some  website  projects.
    I  have  installed  the  evolution  extreme   a  couple  different  times  on  a  few  websites  for  testing  ,  and  became  familiar  with  the  modules  ,   everything  works  great  ,  ive  been  able  to  add  extra  modules  and  do  many  different  experiments.

the  one  problem  i  run  into  has  to  deal   with  the  arcade  .  My  arcade  game  scores  are  not  able  to  be  recorded.
   on  my  first  test  install  i  didnt   install  directly  into  the  root  and  i  thought  that  was  the  reason   for  this  error.

so  i  just  decided  to  start  fresh  on  a  new  server  w/  cpanel     and   upload  directly  to  the  root  on  a  new   domain  for  testing.

I  have  uploaded  about  100  games   and  im  aware  that  not  all  games  will  record  stats   ,  but  i  cant  get  any  games  to  show  stats  ,  i  have  tried  options   v3arcade  ,ibpro   and  activity   .

i  also  did  a  new  category  in  the  arcade  called  video  -  and  uploaded  a  .swf     -  then  set  it  to  activity   in  hopes  that  it  would  register  as  a  time  played  by  user  -  but  i  couldnt  get  it  to  reflect  as  so.

i  have   done  a  bit  of  research  in  hopes  to  find  a  solution  -one  being  that  you  could  package  a  game  file  in  a  folder   ,  and  after  following  those  steps  i  failed  again.  

i  guess  im  wondering  if  theres  a  way  to  modify  the  database  or  the  php  scripts   to  get  stats  working.
 and  if  so  what  steps  i  need  to  take  do  so  .  or  maybe  upload  a  new  arcade  upgrade  script  to  replace  the  old  /  or  simply  add  a  few  lines  of  code  to  fix  the  problem?
 i  know  theres  other  arcades  and  setups  i  can  run  ,  and  but  im  really  wanting  to  use  this  evolution  extreme  cms  .

if  someone  has  the  time  to  assist  me  in  this  i  will  give  you  credit  and  feature  you  on  my  websites  and  do  my  best  to  promote  you  and  evolution  extreme  .

message  here  or  inbox  -  thanks   for  taking  the  time  to  read  this  -cheers  -  joel
hp2001

netherlands.png

Web Control Panel: DirectAdmin
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

have  you  uploaded  the  games  in  the  right  directory?

root/modules/forums/games      

and  the  pics  that  came  with  them  in

root/modules/forums/games/pics

depending  on  the  game  you  install  it  as  a  v3arcade  ,ibpro   or  activity  type

what  games  did  you  use,  and  did  you  use  a  script  to  install  them?
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:14 am Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

If  you  are  using  the  .htaccess  file,  check  to  see  if  you  have  this  line.

Code:                
RewriteCond  %{THE_REQUEST}  (\?act\=)  [NC,OR]                

If  you  have  that  line,  add  a  #  at  the  beginning  so  it  looks  like  this:

Code:                
#  RewriteCond  %{THE_REQUEST}  (\?act\=)  [NC,OR]                

I  know  that  caused  issues  with  Arcade  games  recording  scores  on  my  site.

When  installing,  are  you  using  the  Arcade_Tweaks?
 www.YourSite.com/modules.php?name=Arcade_Tweaks

Also,  make  sure  you're  testing  the  score  submit  from  within  the  arcade  itself  and  not  from  Arcade_Tweaks.

YourSite.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=arcade_search&x=2
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:57 am Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

hello  hp2001  and  corpse  :)

first  of  all  thank  you  for  taking  the  time  to  review  my  questions  and  for  the  quick  response.

well  hp2001  i  did  load  the  games  and  pics  into  the  correct  directory  folder  and  i  did  try  all  three  options  on  a  test  group  of  about  50  games  ,  the  only  game  that  logged  a  score  and  recorded  a  play  was  the  airplane  game  that  came  packaged  with  evolution  xtreme  .

some  of  the  games  i  uploaded  to  the  folder  were  breakout  ,  arkanoid  ,bloody  penguin  ,  simon  says  ,paintball  ,duckhunt,  frogger  ,bowling  baseball  ,basketball  and  tetris  to  name  a  few.

i  chose  100  of  the  games  that  i  knew  used  to  record  scores  when  i  was  using  php-nuke  platinum   years  ago  on  my  site  nukebomb.com  ....  over  the  years  i  sold  alot  of  domains  and  took  a  break  from  web  work  -  but  now  several  years  later  im  returning  back  to  building  sites  again  and  i  wanted  to  have  another  nuke  content  management  system   .

i  noticed  so  much  has  taken  place  over  the  years  and  while  certain  projects  seemed  to  have  died   ,  new  ones  are  offering  some  great  packages,  codes  ,modules  and  themes  .

i  have  a  portable  hard  drive  from  years  ago  with  tons  of  amazing  scripts  on  it  ,  one  of  them  being  php-nuke  platinum,     this  hard  drive  is  about  5  or  6  years  old   but  i  cant  access  the  files  until  i  get  a  new  usb  cable  wich  i  will  pick  up  soon  ,  but  in  the  mean  while  i  was  looking  on  where  i  could  redownload  the  original  package  but  i  had  difficulty  finding  it  so  thats  how  i  came  across  this  website  ,  nukeraven  and  phpnukepro  .

the  original  package  came  stocked  with  alot  of  arcade  games  and  scored  everything  along  with  showing  how  many  times  a  short  .swf  video  was  played.  my  kids  and  i  had  i  great  time  playing  and  so  i  figured  for  my  sons  birthday  several  years  later  i  would  surprise  him  with  a  blast  from  the  past  .

i  know  i  can  download  a  ton  of  other  scripts  that  have  an  arcade  that  keep  stats  ,  but  i  really  like  the  idea  of  having  everything  user  related  tied  together  on  a  single  powerful  slick  database  system  .   

i  really  pay  alot  of  attention  to  the  efforts  everyone  has  contributed  and  i  enjoy  seeing  how  all  the  nerdy  script  coding  turns  into  a  logical  functioning   masterpiece  ,  i  find  it  really  cool  to  see   people  that  make   plugins  or  modules  adding   to  the  creation  ,  i  enjoy  the  themes  people  put  together  and  hopefully  in  time  i  can  do  my  part  to  become  a  contributor.

and  to  corpse   ,  i  did  try  adding  #  before  the  code  and  to  be  sure  i  tried   it  with
   #  RewriteCond  %{THE_REQUEST}  (\?act\=)  [NC,OR]
 and  
 #RewriteCond  %{THE_REQUEST}  (\?act\=)  [NC,OR]

and  yes  i  used  arcade  tweaks  to  add  files
 i  used  the   intelli  option  to  add
 and   i  tested  manual  entry  as  well

i  also  tested  the  games   with  both   code  versions  of  the  htaccess
 and  then  tested  several  games  1  at  a  time  using  all  three  options-  v3arcade  ,ibpro,activity  type

i  tore  down  wackest.com  and  just  started  a  fresh  new  server  /cpanel  and  did  a  test  root  install  on  favoritemusicradio  ,
 i  repeated  all  the  steps  above   and  also  created  a  new  video  category  and  uploaded  2  .swfs   in  hopes  maybe  it  would  record  a  play  but  it  didnt   ,  and  yes  i  played  all  from  the  actual  arcade  .

i  then  decided  to  goto  to  phpnukepro   and  try  logging  in  there  site  to  see  if  they  had  a  functioning  arcade  with  games  ,  i  played  a  gamed  and  it  recorded  a  score   so  i  downloaded  their  package  and  used  the  5  games   they  had  and  uploaded  to  my  game  directory  ...each  one  of  those  games  worked  and  recorded  a  score  on  my  site.

so  that  made  me  think  to  just  install  phpnukepro   and  test  the  whole  content  management  system  ...but  after  several  attempts  to  install  the  package   i  couldnt  get  the  cms  to  work  ,  it  said  100  percent  success  ,  all  files  moded  correctly  and  no  db  issues   ,  but  my  site  was  just  pure  white  every  page  i  went  to  was  pure  white  ?  ,  so  then  i  decided  to  not  use  the  installer  and  just  do  it  manually  and  it  was  the  exact  same  thing  everything   A-ok  ,  but  yet  everything  all  white  as  if  permissions  werent  set  correctly?  so  i  double  checked  everything  including  the  config  ,  ran  the  set  permissions   and  it  all  looked  good  so  i  figured  it  was  maybe  due  to  not  erasing  the  install.php  and  install  folder   but   they  are  automatically  removed  once  for  you  by  the  system  after  install  and  after  manually  installing  i  checked  and  i  made  sure  everything  was  deleted  so  im  not  sure  what  the  problem  was  ,  long  story  short  i  could  test  to  see  if  their  coding  for  the  arcade  was  any  better  ,  and  im  not  saying  the  coding  is  bad  im  just  saying   i  couldnt  get  a  quick  and  easy  answer  by  testing  it  out  myself.

so  i  assume  it  could  be  that  those  5  or  6  game  files  are  known  to  work  100  percent  across  the  board-  but  im  confused  as  why  games   that  im  certain  of  that  used  to  work  no  longer  do?  and  why  out  of  a  100  games  i  uploaded  do  not  even  a  few  work  for  some  type  of  recording  option.  i  suppose  it  could  be  that  all  100  games  are  not  an  original  copy  although  im  pretty  sure  they  are  ,  but  maybe  there  is  stored  information  to  where   in  order  for  the  score  to  be  recorded  it  must  be  the  original  game  file  name-  if  that  makes  any  sense  ?

i  suppose  i  could  try  packaging  the  game  files  my  self  by  creating  a  folder  and  inserting  the  index  and  swf  ,  pic  as  i  heard  that  was  an  alternative  method  if  all  else  fails  ....   but  i  do  believe  i  did  that  correctly  the  first  time  i  tried  that   but  i  may  have  made  an  error  while  attempting  it  ,  so  if  anyone  knows  about  this  alternative  way  on  how  to  correctly  package  and  provide  a  demo  file  setup  that  would  be  appreciated....  or  even  if  theres  a  way  to  manually   go  about  editing  the  sql   tables  one  by  one  per  game  ?

so  i  guess  im  stuck  wondering  if  everything  is  fine  and  dandy   on  my  arcade  setup  and  it  just  so  happens  that  100  games  cant  be  recorded  in  any  way   or  if  there  is  a  way  to  atleast  get  to  show  times  played  -  but  theres  an  error  somewhere?

i  still  have  the  new  test  i  set  up  and  i  believe  everything  is  in  perfect  condition  ,  i  havent  edited  the  install  at  all  except  for  adding  games  and  making  sure  the  forum  was  setup  as  well.  
 i  would  trust  an  admin  here  to  review   everything  on  my  site  so  far  if  they  have  the  time  ,  i  can  message  my  account  details  or  you  can  message  me.
 if  all  works  out  i  would  actually  like  this  cms  installed  on  my  internet  alias  wich  is  funkadystik  ,  but  i  want  to  make  sure  i  get  past  the  testing  phase  to  see  what  steps  i  need  to  take  ,  i  guess  i  just  want  to  know  what  my  options  are  and  how  to  build  before  everything  is  finalized  so  im  sorry  for  asking  alot  of  questions   but  i  have  alot  of  big  ideas  and  fun  stuff  planned  for  the  future  and  to  anyone  that  can  help  me  i  will  help  them  for  the  years  to  come.

on  an  earlier  test  i  was  please  to  see  the  store   and  video  module  worked  just  fine  ,  designrealmz  also  does  great  work,   it  was  cool  to  see  the  functionality  ,  stats  and  themes  provided  .  i  like  all  you  guys  and  hopefully  in  time  i  will  get  to  know  you  all  ,  it  feels  good  to  get  back  into  things  and  meet  new  people  and  share  ideas  ,  i  should  have  introduced  my  self  on  my  first  post  but  i  guess  i  just  dove  right  in  lol  ,  my  name  is  joel  habighorst  though  and  i  will  try  to  lend  a  hand  when  i  can  ,  im  hard  working  ,  honest  and  trustworthy  .
 i  really  just  wanna  build  a  ton  of  great  sites  and  make  a  lot  of  new  friends  along  the  way  ,  im  pretty  easy  goin  and  have   a  positive  additude   so  if  anyone  has  some  creative  ideas  they  would  like  to  work  on  or  even  just  chitchat  about  stuff-  i  have  skype   and  im  a  total  night  owl  Smile  

sorry  for  such  a  long  post  by  the  way  ,  but   the  arcade  had  me  stuck  in  jam  -   wishing  everyone  a  good  week  and  thanks  in  advance  to  anyone  that  can  assist  -  cheers  Smile
hp2001

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:22 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

open  htaccess

find

RewriteRule  ^.*$  http://127.0.0.1/  [R=301,L]

change  in

#RewriteRule  ^.*$  http://127.0.0.1/  [R=301,L]

this  might  do  the  trick

found  this  on  this  site  in  another  post

Here
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:42 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

will  give  it  ago  and  tinker  around  -  i  will  keep  you  posted  and  thank  you  Smile
Sponsor
phpstorm.jpg
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:58 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

hey  hp2001  ,  sorry  that  took  me  awhile  but  i  was  doing  several  tests.
 the  first  thing  i  tried  was  -  using  the  evo.htaccess   file  from  the  public  html  folder  
 and  leaving  it  with  modified  suggestion  by  corpse  shown  as  #RewriteCond  %{THE_REQUEST}  (\?act\=)  [NC,OR]  

and  also  using  your  code  suggested  code   of   #RewriteRule  ^.*$  http://127.0.0.1/  [R=301,L]  
 both  at  the  same  time  

then  i  tried  playing  many  games  -  but  with  no  effect
 then  i  modified  the  games  from  v3arcade  to  ibpro  and  played  -  but  no  effect   and  lastly  to  activity  and  then  played  no  effect

and  then  i  created  new  game  listings  using  itelliadd  under  v3arcade   but  no  effect  after  play  ,refresh  ,second  play
 so  then  modified  the  newly  created  game  listing  to  ibpro   ,  played  refreshed,played  no  effect  on  several  games
 and  lastly  modified  to  activity  ,then  played,refreshed,played  no  effect

so  then  instead  of  using  intelliadd  i  manually  listed  the  game  details  and  repeated  the  process  as  above  through  the  stage  still  no  effect  ...

conclusion  thus  far  is  both  suggested  #  codes  reccomended  may  not  work  or  may  not  work  at  the  same  time  

so  i  edited  the  evo.htaccess  to  just  hp2001's  suggestion  and  removed  corpse's  suggestion   so  the  only  modification  to  the  script  was  #RewriteRule  ^.*$  http://127.0.0.1/  [R=301,L]

i  then  repeated  the  test  cylce  as  stated  above  

(then  i  tried  playing  many  games  -  but  with  no  effect
 then  i  modified  the  games  from  v3arcade  to  ibpro  and  played  -  but  no  effect   and  lastly  to  activity  and  then  played  no  effect

and  then  i  created  new  game  listings  using  itelliadd  under  v3arcade   but  no  effect  after  play  ,refresh  ,second  play
 so  then  modified  the  newly  created  game  listing  to  ibpro   ,  played  refreshed,played  no  effect  on  several  games
 and  lastly  modified  to  activity  ,then  played,refreshed,played  no  effect

so  then  instead  of  using  intelliadd  i  manually  listed  the  game  details  and  repeated  the  process  as  above  through  the  stage  still  no  effect  ...)

.....  at  this  point  im  under  the  impression  the  suggested  codes  dont  work   

i  did  however  notice  that  when  i  go  into  Arcade_Tweaks
 then  tools   and  select  the  option
 "Select  Games  of  type  0,1  and  2  for  processing"
 i  get  an  error  at  the  top  of  the  screen  stating  Strict  Standards:  Only  variables  should  be  assigned  by  reference  in  /home/musicfavorite/public_html/modules/Arcade_Tweaks/index.php  on  line  640

and  then  when  i  select  any  .swf  by  name  look  up  and  use  the  drop  down  menu  option  
 "remove  files  from  db  and  directory  "
 i  get  the  following  message

"Sooooooorrry...  Removing  files  is  not  implemented  yet."

but  i  can  however   select  "remove  from  database"  
 and  "confirm  yes"  and  the  .swf  choice  made  gets  deleted  from  db
 and  can  remove  manually  from  directory

so  im  not  exactly  sure  what  that  error  represents  ,  theres  a  possibility  it  could  reflect   a  picture  not  being  attached  to  the  game  file  uploaded   ...  as  i  started  to  get  lazy  and  just  mass  reproduce  because  the  games  will  still  load  without  a  graphic  ,  so  i  was  just  saving  time

and  i  guess  in   future  developments   you  guys  are  planning  on  adding  a  way  to  remove  files  from  db  and  file  directory  at  the  same  time  to  make  it  a  simple  step  for  the  users.

so   just  now  it  hits  me  that  maybe  i  should  do  a  fresh  install   using  the  codes  both  of  you  suggested  to  me   1  at  a  time   requiring  to  new  tests  ,  wich  maybe  makes  sense  because  just  altering  that  one  file  might  have  it  take  effect  ?  i  dunno  

i  guess  another  idea  is  to  have  someone  that  has  a   fully  working  arcade  check  me  out   to  verify  everythings  ok  or  i  give  them  them  100  games  and  they  test  on  their  system  .

another  option  is  to  do  individual  testing   and  continue  to  build  an  archive  of  games   1  at  a  time  with  instructions  on  where  the  game  should  get  classified  under  

i  guess  it  could  be  possible  that  the  name  of  the  variable  which  is  generated  by  the  game  in  flash  must  match  the  swf  name  so  if  a  game  has  been  renamed  maybe  it  wouldnt  match  the  original  data  ?

i  dunno  if  anything  im  even  saying  is  making  sense  i  hope  it  does  ,  its  been  years  since  i  even  looked  at  a  code  and  i  feel  like  i  may  get  lost   in  all  this  and  have  to  resort  to  break  a  code  and  settle  for  something  less  .

well  i  guess  i  will  stay  busy  on  ideas  and  if  theres  no  other  input  on   this  i  will  try  other  sources   and  see  if  i  can  figure  out  something  ,  and  thank  you  hp2001  for  trying  to  assist  -  i  appreciate  that  -  cheers   Smile
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:24 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

Can  you  try  this.  This  is  just  a  shot  in  the  dark,  but  can  you  download  the  attached  game,  its  called  "Curveball",  and  upload  it  to  your  site  keeping  the  structure.  Then  under  the  module  "Arcade_Tweaks",  go  ahead  and  click  on  the  IntelliAdd  and  it  should  be  type  3  and  try  playing  it.

Also,  to  be  clear,  you're  not  trying  to  play  these  games  from  within  the  "Arcade_Tweaks",  but  instead,  your  actually  going  to;

www.YourSite.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=arcade

I  just  want  to  make  sure,  because  it  is  a  mistake  I  ran  into  long  ago  myself.

Well,  test  this  attached  game  and  see  if  the  score  saves.
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:41 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

will  try  it  now  and  keep  you  posted  ,  ty  corpse
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:35 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

the  curve  ball  game  worked  just  fine  and  kept  score  ,  so  im  not  sure  why  out  of  the  the  100  games  i  added  not  even  a  few  work  ?  ....because  the  majority  of  them  kept  scores  in  the  past  ,  im  assuming  it  must  be  that  the  games   scoring  variable  information  has  changed  or  doesnt  match  the  games  original  game  name  ?  i  dunno  im  lost  on  it  and  guess  the  only  option  i  have  is  to  add  games  one  by  one  that  have  been  verified  by  others  to  work....  wich  could  take  a  long  time  to  compile  that  information  .

the  easiet  thing  i  guess  to  do  is  just  install  a  new  arcade  ,  seperate  from  this  1  but  i  didnt  really  wanna  do  that  ,  i  was  hoping  if  the  games  wouldnt  keep  score  to  atleast  keep  track  of  the  times  played.

i  guess  i  better  figure  out  what  i  wanna  do  now  ,  either   try  a  new  cms  ,  arcade  ,  or  do  some  editing  -  well  thank  you  corpse  for  assisting  -  cheers
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

usa.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:11 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

funky  wrote  (View  Post):                
the  curve  ball  game  worked  just  fine  and  kept  score  ,  so  im  not  sure  why  out  of  the  the  100  games  i  added  not  even  a  few  work  ?  ....because  the  majority  of  them  kept  scores  in  the  past                

The  games  you  have  may  need  to  have  certain  folders  is  specific  spots,  or  set  up  in  a  weird  way.  I  have  ran  into  a  few  of  those  in  the  past.  I  think  they  were  in  a  game  pack  that  CT  had.  I  do  have  a  few  hundred  games  on  my  site  and  for  the  most  part,  I  think  I  only  have  a  couple  that  don't  keep  score,  (the  games  fault),  if  you  want  what  I  have  on  my  site,  I  can  send  them  to  you.  Granted,  make  sure  you  test  them  because  I  do  have  some  games  on  my  site  that  require  you  to  be  18+  to  play  them.

What  system  were  you  using  in  the  past  where  these  games  worked?  
 Was  it  an  Xtreme  Evo  CMS  or  some  other  type  of  system?

But  as  far  as  I  can  see,  it's  the  games  and  not  the  system.  Those  games  may  work  on  a  strange  scoring  system  that  is  not  compatible  with  the  Arcade  that  is  with  Xtreme.  Lonestar  also  has  a  post  with  a  ton  of  games  that  should  work  as-well  here  on  this  site.

funky  wrote  (View  Post):                
the  easiet  thing  i  guess  to  do  is  just  install  a  new  arcade  ,  seperate  from  this  1  but  i  didnt  really  wanna  do  that  ,  i  was  hoping  if  the  games  wouldnt  keep  score  to  atleast  keep  track  of  the  times  played.

i  guess  i  better  figure  out  what  i  wanna  do  now  ,  either  ┬átry  a  new  cms  ,  arcade  ,  or  do  some  editing  -  well  thank  you  corpse  for  assisting  -  cheers                

I  think  the  easiest  thing  would  be  to  get  the  games  from  Lonestar  and  myself.  Granted  I  am  sure  some  of  the  ones  we  have  are  duplicates  of  each  other,  but  we  have  a  few  hundred  games  to  choose  from.  I  just  looked  and  I  have  a  total  of  761  games  on  my  site,  granted  I  only  have  116  of  the  700+  activated  and  in  use.
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:00 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

hi  corpse  ,  hey  that  would  be  great  ,  i  will  look  for  lonestars  post   ,please   message  me  a  temporary  download  /  website  link  to  your  game  files.  
 thats  very  kind  of  you  ,  saving  me  alot  of  work.
 in  the  past  i  ran  php-nuke  platinum   it  was  about  6  years  ago  and  at  that  time  it  was  the  best  management  system  i  ever  found  ,  i  have  it  on  a  portable  hard  drive  but  i  need  to   buy  a  cable   for  it  ,  so  in  the  meanwhile  i  went  searching  for  something  as  close  i  could  find  wich  lead  me  here  ,  and  i  believe  this  xtreme  package  is  better  in  regards  to  features  /security  and  ease  of  use  ,  so  im  glad  your  able  to  offer   the  games  and  i  wont  have  to  upload  an  outdated  system.

having  at  least  100  scorable  games  will  be  nice  to  offer  to  the  people  and  i  can  then  fill  it  with  some  really  nice  non  scorable  games  /vids   and  it  wont  be  a  distraction.

i  just  didnt  want  to  have  a  whole  seperate  arcade  on  a  different  database  and  force  users  to  have  to  register  for  an  arcade.  i  pondered  using  some  other  very  nice  arcade  scripts  on  a  different  site  all  together  but  i  would  much  rather  have  1  powerful  main  site  that  has  all  the  bells  and  whistles  and  then  branch  off   from  there  with  other  website  scripts  for  my  projects.

i   have  about  30  domains  registered   and  my  goal  is  to  run  100  websites  ,  i  will  do  my  best  to  promote  and  feature  everyone  that  has  helped  me  along  the  way  :)

thanks  again  corpse  -joel
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:13 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

i  found  lonestars  post  at   lonestars  gamepack  link

gonna  give  this  a  go  now  Smile
funky

blank.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

Very Happy   just  uploaded  a  game  pack      and  4  out  of  the  5  games  i  just  tested  so  far  record  games  :)

this  is  a  huge  game  pack  so  im  sure  plenty  more  games  will  work  as  well  

thanks  for  leading  me  in  the  right  direction  corpse  -  big  props  your  way  !!!!

Laughing  Laughing   Laughing
hp2001

netherlands.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:40 am Post subject: No icon Re: arcade question Reply with quote

any  game  witch  uses  extra  data  files  besides  the  image  and  the  *.swf  could  be  not  functioning..(not  writing  scores)

if  you  have  games  that  doesnt  provide  install  data  or  info  on  where  to  put  the  files,  these  are  the  directories  most  common  used  to  place  the  extra  files  in..  keeping  there  original  structure

public_html/arcade/gamedata
 public_html/gamedata
 public_html/games

if  you  find  a  game  with  V32  in  its  name  then  you  might  as  well  dont  spend  any  time  on  it,  because  it  will  not  work.

example:  game_penguinvollyv32MICRO.tar  here  you  see  the  V32..  sometimes  you  will  not  find  this  in  the  title,  but  these  games  always  have  an  extra  gamedata  map,  within  that  map  you  will  find  a  text  file  v32game.txt

altough  the  V3  arcade  is  a  verry  old  module  there  are  still  games  made  to  function  with  it,  even  games  up  to  20Mb

if  you  can  find  the  original  mod  there  are  some  nice  extra  features  you  can  add,  like  a  rate  game  integration  and  a  comments  thread  integration.

i  hope  you  have  some  use  on  this  info  about  the  directory  structure  regarding  the  extra  files.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Questions All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: