Anonymous,

Please Login or Register
Download Nuke Evolution Xtreme today for a CMS you can enjoy using and sharing with your friends!
[ Download Now ]
Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
File Repository 1.0.0 Released Announcements! Lonestar 0 Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:44 am
Lonestar View latest post
Image Repository Released Announcements! Lonestar 1 Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:39 pm
So what happened to us? Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Tue May 06, 2014 12:32 am
SgtLegend View latest post
[PROGRESS] Nuke Evolution Xtreme 2.0.9e Announcements! SgtLegend 2 Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm
European Cookie Law Announcements! SgtLegend 0 Sat May 26, 2012 7:33 am

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 20 Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:19 am
Depresjon2 View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 121 Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:57 pm
casterdon View latest post
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 106 Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am
coRpSE View latest post
Possible new Admin area layout Comments and Suggestions Lonestar 18 Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:37 am
Blackou View latest post
jQuery update General Support Lonestar 2 Wed May 11, 2016 4:49 pm
Charles64 View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
[FIX] Correct Cookie Settings (Invalid Session Error) Quick fixes killigan 110 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 pm
Macdaddy View latest post
babstats nuke evo PHP 5.6 Modules pd35 4 Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Ragonese View latest post
Looking for coRpSE? He is gone till May. General Chat coRpSE 4 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:50 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Think I got hit with malware somehow General Support bobdude 10 Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:44 pm
coRpSE View latest post
error log Bugs Redcougarxr7 31 Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:46 pm
coRpSE View latest post
I seem to be locked out of my website Smile General Support storm 4 Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:29 pm
coRpSE View latest post
Site gone off General Support GI_ 3 Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:21 am
Norwegian Language Multilingual Support dogbone 0 Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:43 pm
dogbone View latest post
Arcade General Support Reaper2388 59 Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm
pholix View latest post

Re: Can't register or retrieve password?

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allrocknmetal

canada.png

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:36 am Post subject: No icon Re: Can't register or retrieve password? Reply with quote

I  just  saw  this  on  this  site  "Can't  register  or  retrieve  password?"  but  could  not  respond  to  the  post,  and  I  am  having  the  same  issue  on  my  site,  some  users  are  telling  me  they  can't  login  anymore,  yet  some  have  no  issue  at  all,  I  been  pulling  my  hair  out  try  to  figure  out  why  some  are  having  problems  and  others  are  not.  With  one  user,  I  told  him  I  would  delete  his  old  account  and  he  could  make  a  new  one,  that  went  fine,  but  now  I  never  see  him  login  anymore,  also  don't  see  any  new  accounts  being  set  up,  so  it  makes  me  wonder  if  the  registration  process  is  working  properly?  (using  the  Honeypot/antibot)  I  have  tested  myself  and  it  works  for  me  but  3  other  users  in  the  last  month  say  they  can  no  longer  log  in,  I  just  can't  put  my  finger  on  the  issue.  I  must  admit  the  problem  did  start  when  I  migrated  to  a  new  web  host,  but  still  so  strange  why  some  have  an  issue  and  others  do  not.  If  anyone  else  is  having  similar,  lets  get  it  figured  out,  as  I  am  stumped.
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:19 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Re: Can't register or retrieve password? Reply with quote

I  just  tried  registering  on  your  site  to  test  it  my  self,  just  waiting  on  approval.  

Are  there  any  error  logs?
allrocknmetal

canada.png

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:23 am Post subject: No icon Re: Can't register or retrieve password? Reply with quote

Thanks  coRpSE,  I  see  you  were  able  to  register  and  got  the  confirmation  mail,  I  guess  just  been  slow  at  the  site  lately.  Now  to  figure  why  some  are  telling  me  they  can  no  longer  login,  its  hard  tho,  trying  to  work  with  peeps,  their  attention  span  is  so  low  these  days.  I  will  look  into  the  logs  and  see  if  anything  turns  up.
Sponsor
webstorm.jpg
coRpSE
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Support Team
Support Team

votes: 10
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:42 am Post subject: No icon Re: Re: Can't register or retrieve password? Reply with quote

Okay,  well,  I  just  opened  up  a  different  browser  and  was  able  to  login  on  the  site  no  problem.  but  I  do  see  a  few  things  that  can  be  done  to  rule  out  that  its  not  the  site.

1. Go  into  your  ACP  ->  Sentinel  and  in  there,  in  one  of  the  settings,  you  will  see  "Force  Nuke  URL:",  and  set  that  to  yes.

2. Go  through  your  sites  admin  in  the  Preferences  to  the  Forums  and  set  your  site  to  use  www.  in-front  of  the  url.  This  needs  to  be  done  for  the  cookies  to  work  correctly.  The  two  paths  where  you  need  to  do  this  is,

ACP  ->  Preferences  ->  General  Site  Info
     and
     ACP  ->  Forums  ->  General  Admin  ->  Configuration  ->  General  Board  Settings

Also,  while  your  there  in  the  forums  ACP,  you  want  to  make  sure  you  have  your  cookies  set  right.  Below  I  will  show  you  exactly  what  you  should  have  inside  the  Cookie  settings.

Your  cookie  settings  should  be  as  follows:
 .mixrockmetal.com   <-  note  that  it  starts  with  a  .  which  needs  to  be  there...
 mixrockmetal
 /
 Disabled

Once  you  do  that,  clear  your  sites  cache  and  find  one  of  them  and  have  them  clear  there  browsers  cache  or  have  them  try  a  different  browser  and  try  to  login.  Also,  if  need  be,  you  can  try  to  manually  re-set  their  password  to  something  temp  and  have  them  login  using  the  temp  pass  you  set,  and  once  logged  in,  they  can  change  their  pass.
allrocknmetal

canada.png

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:10 am Post subject: No icon Re: Can't register or retrieve password? Reply with quote

Thanx  coRpSE,  I  did  change  to  the  www,  I  had  one  with  http  at  the  start  and  the  other  with  no  www,  cookie  setup  was  fine,  starting  to  think  it  is  people  are  forgetting  their  passwords,  So  I  am  trying  to  find  where  I  can  send  a  temp  password  so  they  can  at  least  login.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Support All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: