Nuke Evolution Xtreme - Leading Open Source Content Management System

Taking Evolution to the Xtreme!

Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members List  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Clan Manager 1.0.2 ( Free ) New News! Lonestar 5 Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 am
DjDecibel View latest post
HeadShotDomain Back Online New News! coRpSE 8 Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 am
coRpSE View latest post
Sub Black New News! Grmm 3 Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 am
Lonestar View latest post
Grrrr ! Evo-File is [Holding] Again! New News! coopvet2000 7 Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 am
coopvet2000 View latest post
Note [ CLOSED ] Realm Designz is Officially CLOSED! New News! TheMortal 0 Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 am
TheMortal View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Warning ! Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 22 Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:13 pm
i0shi View latest post
New Evolution Xtreme site Community Announcements Lonestar 0 Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 pm
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 111 Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:04 pm
allrocknmetal View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 125 Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 pm
Gregsta View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
Module Stuck Modules jeremystcyr 3 Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am
coRpSE View latest post
Note [PREVIEW] XtremeV3 NEW Design Questions TheMortal 37 Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 am
allrocknmetal View latest post
error creating a section in the forums General Support fire 1 Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 pm
Work in php7? General Support fire 7 Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:58 am
TheMortal View latest post
Not letting me create members accout Bugs Gregsta 12 Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 am
Gregsta View latest post
Flash Theme Changes[FIXED-RESOLVED] General Support RAIN 9 Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:52 pm
Pulaski View latest post
MySQL 8. Bugs jxxaxxy 0 Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:14 am
jxxaxxy View latest post
would be members cannot register Bugs GI_ 5 Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:28 am
GI_ View latest post
can't change members status General Support mwjohn58 1 Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:35 am
Not letting me add download General Support Gregsta 5 Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am
Gregsta View latest post

Xtreme 3.0
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    Reply to topic    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshJ

votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:52 pm Post subject: No icon Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

In  my  2  year  absence,  I've  apparently  missed  out  why  in  hell  Killigan  is  no  longer  active  here...  if  anyone  would  like  to  clue  me  in?  Until  I  speak  with  him,  and  he  has  informed  me  that  Corpse  has  'taken  over'  I  can  not  very  well  publish  files  ...  I  would  need  his  (  or  whoever  replaces  him  to  place  the  Evo  Copyright  on  the  new  version  )

Features:

• 100%  CSS  design  (  no  more  tables...  EVER!  )

•  
  • Font  Icons  -  to  assist  with  page  generation  times,  I  have  converted  most  of  the  images  i  could  find  to  FontAwesome  icons,  but  can  be  easily  changed  in  the  Theme  configuration.  (  much  like  the  icon  you  see  on  the  "scroll  up"  button  on  the  bottom  right  footer  of  this  site  ).

•  
  • 100%  Image  responsive  -  Any  image  displayed  on  any  page,  block,  module  is  converted  to  ratio  &  responsive  reduction. 

•  
  • 99%  Mobile  Compatible  (  Its  based  on  Bootstrap  4.1+  )  - https://getbootstrap.com/  for  more  info

•  
  • phpBB  /  NukeBB  (  rebuilt  -  half  the  size,  but  utilizing  most  of  the  same  features  on  2.9  )  however  it  is  literally  1/3  the  file  size.  Because  of  this,  and  its  HEAVY  dependency  on  ZendCache,  it  is  no  longer  phpBB  /  NukeBB  core.  Technically  its  no  longer  a  Nuke  Core.

•  
  • 9000  lines  of  Javascript  removed!  There  are  only  2  Javascript  files  in  the  entire  system,  (  1  by  bootstrap,  and  1  by  the  core  ).  Without  losing  any  of  the  functionality  of  2.0.9d  (  collapsible  forums,  popups.

•  
  • ALL  FLASH  FILES  REMOVED!  Flash  is  an  uncontested  security  vulnerability.  The  'new  pm'  audio  was  converted  to  an  OGG  format  sound  file.  No  modern  browser  allows  flash  without  extensions  permissions,  so  there  is  no  reason  to  use  flash  files!

•  
  • SPEED  -  3.0  pages  loads  are  1/8th  of  2.0.9.  This  was  mostly  accomplished  by  converting  large  data  queries  into  arrays  stored  in  Zend  Cache  (  especially  the  forums  ).

•  
  • E-TAG  -  All  pages  utilize  the  Etag  header  for  page  views  ....  as  long  as  the  content  is  not  changed,  the  response  tells  the  browser  to  load  from  browser  cache  instead  of  sending  the  data  again!  (  appears  as  speed  improvement,  but  is  really  just  using  a  built  in  browser  function  )

•  
  • PHP5+  &  PHP6+  Compatible  -  My  goal  was  to  keep  1  level  lower  than  the  PHP  versions  of  most  known  hosts  to  avoid  unstable  PHP  releases  (  DFGHosting  /  HostGator,  BlueHost  were  my  main  coordinator).

•  
  • Dynamic  4  Column  Blocks  -  Technically,  there  can  be  up  to  12  columns  but  would  be  way  to  cluttered,  so  the  initial  theme  is  set  to  4  columns.  Keep  in  mind,  that  the  layout  changes  due  to  device  sizes  (  extra  tiny  all  the  way  up  to  projector  screen  sizes  )

•  
  • Nuke  Sentinel  Removed  -  The  sad  truth  is  that  it  is  inferior,  ineffective,  and  bloated.  IP  Ban  Management  is  handled  through  HTACCESS.  The  same  functionality  of  membership  access  was  maintained  as  2.0.9.  Keep  in  mind,  most  security  is  hard  coded.

•  
  • Overall  File  Reduction  -  3.0  is  literally  60%  smaller,  and  is  shrinking  as  development  continues.

•  

To  Do  List:

• Theme  -  Sadly,  i  am  not  a  Designer.  I  have  no  freaking  talent  when  it  comes  to  design  (  you'll  see  this  in  the  screenshots  ).  So  i  am  stuck  with  whatever  bootstrap  4  template  i  can  find  that  best  suits  my  needs  until  i  can  find  a  designer  willing  to  donate  their  efforts...  At  current,  I  am  only  working  on  the  engine  of  the  core  itself,  and  will  leave  the  theme  to  the  designers.

•  
  • Zend  Cache  -  Zend  is  soooo  under  utilized  in  the  core,  yet  provides  so  much  more  than  can  be  imagined  (  cutting  queries  down  to  1  or  2  per  page,  and  in  some  cases  to  0  )  Parsing  JSON  will  always  be  the  fastest  method  of  dynamic  data  for  the  foreseeable  next  5  years.  That  being  the  case,  ive  been  rebuilding  it  internally  to  automatically  cache  a  better  tree  structure  for  even  the  forums  in  its  entirety,  to  stop  DB  queries. 

•  

Discussion  Options:

• Core  File  Encryption  -  My  last  fight  with  Killigan  &  Techno  (  8  years  ago?  )  ...  Evo  bombed  out  because  of  its  failure  to  protect  Developer  &  Designer  works.  I  would  very  much  like  to  encrypt  the  core  files,  and  require  an  API  connection  to  protect  3rd  party  Modules  &  Themes.  However,  a  website  would  need  to  be  created  and  managed  to  allow  Developers  &  Designers  to  register  their  works  so  that  the  API  Network.  (  I  want  nothing  to  do  with  administration  or  management  )

•  

ScreenShots:

Coming  Soon
DjDecibel

italy.png

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

great  to  hear  news  about  v3.0  and  great  to  hear  how  many  features  have  been  added!
 hope  to  see  it  soon  available  for  download  or  test!  :)

keep  up  the  good  work!
coRpSE
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 11
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PHP Version: 5.4.24
SQL Version: 5.5.37-35.1-log
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:45 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

I  didn't  take  over.  In  all  accounts,  I  would  say  Lonestar  has  taken  over.  As  for  where  Killigan  is.  I'm  not  really  sure,  so  I  can  not  comment  on  that  for  anything  I  say  would  be  just  pure  speculation.
Sponsor
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

votes: 3
uk.png

PHP Version: 7.2.7
SQL Version: 5.6.41
Browser you prefer to use: Google Chrome
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:15 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

Hello  Bayler,  thought  it  wouldn't  be  long  before  you  were  back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: shaun.parr.9
JoshJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:12 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

Its  been  a  few  years,  I  come  and  go  .... 

@DjDecibel  -  These  are  not  true  'New'  features  ....  they  are  exhaustive  code  cleanups  ive  done  over  the  years,  and  due  the  fact  that  i  am  always  constructing  websites  and  then  get  stuck  when  someone  asks  for  Message  Boards  and  having  to  resort  to  converting  stand  alone  plugins  to  operate  with  what  ive  already  built  (  It's  just  a  hell  of  a  lot  more  convenient  to  compile  every  thing  into  a  single  solution  ).  This  is  "by  legal  definition"  a  new  CMS  &  Forum,  but  i  have  no  intention  of  being  responsible  for  distribution,  or  management  (  There  are  way  too  many  other  people  that  are  better  suited  ).

My  ultimate  goal  is  to  make  EVO3  appealing  to  commerce  sites,  AND  gamers  instead  of  the  exclusive  gamers  being  served  now.  (  Gamers  do  provide  money  to  3rd  party  developers,  but  it  simply  is  not  sustainable  for  a  very  long  time  ).  I  would  love  to  see  the  return  of  Developers  &  Designers  return  to  Evo,  but  the  truth  be  told,  they  are  only  going  to  do  so  if  they  can  make  money  off  the  platform...  and  currently  nobody  is  really  making  anything  but  pocket  change  from  Evo.

@Lonestar  -  Glad  to  know  that  you  know  who  i  am.  Which  makes  this  process  faster.  Where  in  hell  is  Killigan  (  I  really  should  call  him,  but  im  still  on  the  other  side  of  the  earth  making  timezones  a  complete  pain  in  the  Butt  )  ?  Did  you  take  over  his  responsibilities? 
JoshJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:04 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

also  ...  why  in  hell  can  I  not  edit  my  post?  (  trying  to  update  the  topic  with  lists  and  screenshots  )
Sponsor
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:54 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

There  should  be  no  reason  why  you  can't.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Visit member's Facebook: shaun.parr.9
JoshJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:19 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

footer  permissions  say:

Code: You  can  post  new  topics  in  this  forum
 You  can  reply  to  topics  in  this  forum
 You  cannot  edit  your  posts  in  this  forum
 You  cannot  delete  your  posts  in  this  forum
 You  can  vote  in  polls  in  this  forum
 You  can  attach  files  in  this  forum
 You  can  download  files  in  this  forum

check  the  forum  permissions  for  this  specific  forum  or  group  ....
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

uk.png

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:07 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

ok  try  now.
Sponsor
JoshJ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:31 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

can  edit  now!  ...  tanks  a  million!
Richmc

usa.png

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:34 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

So  there  are  two   version  3.0  being  worked  on?
Lonestar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

uk.png

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:59 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

No  not  right  now,  i  am  still  waiting  for  Bayler  to  post  the  screenshots  of  the  version  he  has  been  working  on,  it  seems  to  be  a  lot  further  along  then  what  i  have  done  so  far.  If  it  is  indeed  further  along  then  the  version  i  am  currently  working  on  i  will  stop  the  version  i  am  working  on  and  help  Bayler  finish  his.

Seems  pointless  to  be  working  on  two  version  at  the  same  time.
Sponsor
djlewis

blank.png

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:44 am Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

So  I  guess  my  questions  is  this,  since  this  is  in  redevelopment,  should  i  wait  before  downloading  and  installing?  I'm  looking  to  setup  a  new  site,  but  if  this  is  being  completely  revamped,  should  I  wait  til  either  Bayler  or  Lonestar  finish  doing  their  work?
djlewis

blank.png

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:01 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

ok  great.  thanks  for  the  help.  very  beneficial.  learned  a  lot.
Richmc

usa.png

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:34 pm Post subject: No icon Re: Xtreme 3.0 Reply with quote

Any  updates  on  this?  
Sponsor
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  Community Announcements All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: