Nuke Evolution Xtreme - Leading Open Source Content Management System

Taking Evolution to the Xtreme!

Forum Index  ·  Search  ·  Usergroups  ·  Edit your profile  ·  Members List  ·  Login, Check Messages
Arcade  ·  Ranks  ·  Staff  ·  Statistics  ·  Board Rules  ·  Forum FAQ  ·  Log in

Search for at
Evolution-Xtreme Advanced Search

+  
Latest Site News   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Clan Manager 1.0.2 ( Free ) New News! Lonestar 5 Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 am
DjDecibel View latest post
HeadShotDomain Back Online New News! coRpSE 8 Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:57 am
coRpSE View latest post
Sub Black New News! Grmm 3 Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 am
Lonestar View latest post
Grrrr ! Evo-File is [Holding] Again! New News! coopvet2000 7 Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:31 am
coopvet2000 View latest post
Note [ CLOSED ] Realm Designz is Officially CLOSED! New News! TheMortal 0 Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 am
TheMortal View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 15 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Warning ! Evo staff looking for some volunteers. Community Announcements coRpSE 22 Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:13 pm
i0shi View latest post
New Evolution Xtreme site Community Announcements Lonestar 0 Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:46 pm
[ MOD ] - Honeypot V2.2 AntiBot Module Security coRpSE 111 Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:04 pm
allrocknmetal View latest post
Evo Xtreme 2.0.9D Updated for PHP 5.6 General Support coRpSE 125 Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:54 pm
Gregsta View latest post
Deutsche Sprachdatei - german language files German DT50R 7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am
DT50R View latest post
Module Stuck Modules jeremystcyr 3 Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:50 am
coRpSE View latest post
Note [PREVIEW] XtremeV3 NEW Design Questions TheMortal 37 Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:15 am
allrocknmetal View latest post
error creating a section in the forums General Support fire 1 Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 pm
Work in php7? General Support fire 7 Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:58 am
TheMortal View latest post
Not letting me create members accout Bugs Gregsta 12 Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 am
Gregsta View latest post
Flash Theme Changes[FIXED-RESOLVED] General Support RAIN 9 Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:52 pm
Pulaski View latest post
MySQL 8. Bugs jxxaxxy 0 Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:14 am
jxxaxxy View latest post
would be members cannot register Bugs GI_ 5 Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:28 am
GI_ View latest post
can't change members status General Support mwjohn58 1 Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:35 am
Not letting me add download General Support Gregsta 5 Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:34 am
Gregsta View latest post

weird problem with characters on evo forum

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index -> General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjDecibel

italy.png

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:27 pm Post subject: No icon weird problem with characters on evo forum Reply with quote

i  fineally  moved  the  folder  and  get  all  working  on  the  new  site

but  i  have  a  strange  problem,  on  some  characters  i'm  getting  strange  symbols  :

like  ï¿½  instead  of  :  or  others  strange  symbols  instead  of  '

instead  of  èèèèèè  ààààààà  ìììììì
 i  get:
 ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½  ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½  ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½  

i  tryed  replacing  the  charset  on  the  main  language  file,  i  tryed  UTF-8  and  ISO-8859-1  with  same  results...  it  happens  on  the  forum  when  i  write  a  post...

what  can  be?

Last edited by DjDecibel on Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
coRpSE
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 11
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PHP Version: 5.4.24
SQL Version: 5.5.37-35.1-log
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:54 pm Post subject: No icon Re: weird problem with characters on evo forum Reply with quote

The  database  may  have  changed,  but  the  tables  in  the  database  may  not  have  changed.  I  have  a  little  script  that  will  go  through  and  change  all  the  tables  and  everything  to  utf8  for  you.  All  you  need  to  do  is  enter  in  your  DB  information  and  upload  it  then  run  it.  I  never  wrote  this  into  a  script  system  because  I  only  used  it  once  and  it  was  put  together  foe  just  the  one  use,  even  though  others  have  used  it  in  the  past.  Attached  is  the  file.  Just  download  it,  and  open  it,  and  you  will  see  lines  5  -  7  where  you  enter  in  the  DB  info  that  you  can  get  from  your  public_html/config.php  file.  Once  edited,  upload  the  file  to  your  root,  and  go  to  YourSite.com/utf8_conversion.php  and  that's  it.  Let  it  run  and  when  done,  delete  the  file.
DjDecibel

italy.png

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:31 am Post subject: No icon Re: weird problem with characters on evo forum Reply with quote

coRpSE  wrote:
The  database  may  have  changed,  but  the  tables  in  the  database  may  not  have  changed.  I  have  a  little  script  that  will  go  through  and  change  all  the  tables  and  everything  to  utf8  for  you.  All  you  need  to  do  is  enter  in  your  DB  information  and  upload  it  then  run  it.  I  never  wrote  this  into  a  script  system  because  I  only  used  it  once  and  it  was  put  together  foe  just  the  one  use,  even  though  others  have  used  it  in  the  past.  Attached  is  the  file.  Just  download  it,  and  open  it,  and  you  will  see  lines  5  -  7  where  you  enter  in  the  DB  info  that  you  can  get  from  your  public_html/config.php  file.  Once  edited,  upload  the  file  to  your  root,  and  go  to  YourSite.com/utf8_conversion.php  and  that's  it.  Let  it  run  and  when  done,  delete  the  file.

i  run  it  but  i  get  a  lot  of:
 Warning:  mysql_fetch_array()  expects  parameter  1  to  be  resource,  boolean  given  in  /web/htdocs/www.mm2x.com/home/utf8-conversion.php  on  line  29

btw,  the  script  changed  the  collation  of  the  main  tables,  but  not  of  the  columns,  they  remained  latin1_swedish_ci

after  the  test  i  still  have  the  problem:

instead  of  èèèèèè  ààààààà  ìììììì
 i  still  get:
 ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½  ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½  ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½
Sponsor
coRpSE
Site Admin
Site Admin
Xtreme Developer
Xtreme Developer

votes: 11
usa.png

Web Control Panel: 11.42.0 (build 23)
PHP Version: 5.4.24
SQL Version: 5.5.37-35.1-log
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:07 pm Post subject: No icon Re: weird problem with characters on evo forum Reply with quote

the  error  happening  in  the  loop  of  the  collation  for  the  columns  where  one  of  them  or  all  of  them is  failing  and  therefore  not  producing  a  query  resource,  but  instead  producing  FALSE..  What  you  may  have  to  do  is  manually  change  the  collation.  I  never  had  any  issues  when  running  this  on  various  sites  and  I  just  tested  it  with  no  issues.
DjDecibel

italy.png

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:54 am Post subject: No icon Re: weird problem with characters on evo forum Reply with quote

i  just  used  another  PHP  script:

the  script  worked  and  replaced  the  collation  of  all  my  tables....

buuut....  the  problem  remained!  Very Happy  i  still  have  ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½  instead  of  èèèè

EDIT:  i  found  the  problem,  i  edited  the  meta.php  file,  when  tryed  to  edit  the  charset  and  i  added  a  "  in  the  type  :D

now  the  problem  is  solved:

my  html  showed
 <meta  http-equiv="Content-Type"  content="text/html;  charset="UTF-8">  

instead  of
 <meta  http-equiv="Content-Type"  content="text/html;  charset=UTF-8">
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view   Thank Post    Evolution-Xtreme Forum Index ->  General Support All times are UTC - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: